Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships 2019 (Fully-funded) for International Students – China
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships 2019 (Fully-funded) for International Students – China… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships 2019 Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships 2019
Functioning as an independent college at Peking University, Beijing, the Yenching Academy offers students fellowships in Master of Arts in China Studies with a curriculum that covers six broad categories: Literature and Culture; History and Archaeology; Philosophy and Religion; Politics and International Relations; Economics and Management; and Law and Society. Academy courses will be available in both English and Chinese.
- Application Deadline: 7th December 2018 (12:00 noon Beijing time)
- Eligible Countries: International
- Award Provider: Yenching Academy of The Peking University
- Number of Awards: About 125
- To be Taken at (country): China
Programme Description: The Yenching Academy is a fully-funded residential program offering a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Working closely with their academic mentors, Yenching Scholars have the flexibility to create their own study paths by choosing from six research areas and a variety of extracurricular activities. Studying at the Academy represents a unique opportunity not only for intercultural and academic exchange, but also for personal and professional development.
Field of Study: Scholars participate in field studies to culturally, economically, or socio-politically significant regions within Mainland China. Each Scholar chooses one of six research areas corresponding to the thesis topic. (The research area does not affect course selection options or requirements.)
• Economics & Management
• History & Archaeology
• Law & Society
• Literature & Culture
• Philosophy & Religion
• Politics & International Relations
Applicants should have:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll;
· An outstanding academic record;
· Strong interest in the interdisciplinary study of China;
· A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility;
· Leadership potential;
· English proficiency.
Successful applicants will show how the Yenching Academy program is relevant and valuable for their career plans.
Preference is given to candidates age 25 or younger as of August 31, 2019. For students from countries with mandatory military service, the age preference is 27 years old or younger.
Value of Award: Yenching Academy provides a generous postgraduate fellowship covering tuition fees, a travel stipend for one round-trip journey between each Scholar’s base city and Beijing, accommodations, and a monthly living stipend.
Duration of Program:
- Fellowships for international scholars are for 12 months, with the option to extend for a second year in Beijing.
- During the second year in Beijing, students may apply for a limited number or Teaching, Research, or Administrative Assistantships.
- In addition, scholars may apply for grants to help fund research projects related to China Studies.
- All students complete coursework during their first year. The second year is for completing thesis writing and defense (international students who choose to leave Beijing after the first year may complete thesis defense remotely). Degrees are granted upon the completion of all coursework and satisfactory defense of the thesis, and are awarded in January and July of each year.
- The Academy also offers a limited number of doctoral scholarships to selected Yenching Scholars who would like to pursue doctoral degrees in other Peking University departments.
Application Form – How to Apply: Apply here
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships 2019 (Fully-funded) for International Students – China for more information.
Share this post with your Friends: