Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Food Programme (WFP) Recruitment 2021 Is Open.
Job Vacancy For Programme Policy Officer / Head of Sub Office
• At this position, you will lead and manage the Tamale Field Office to ensure the effective and efficient management of human and financial resources and delivery of WFP programs and activities. A large emphasis is placed upon building and maintaining relationships with local governments, UN agencies and other partners in the area to reinforce WFP’s visibility.
ROLE AND RESPONSOBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director /Head of Programme and the overall supervision of the Country Director/Representative, the position holder will be expected to perform the following duties:
• Manage and lead WFP field operations within the area of assignment to ensure timely and effective deployment of food assistance programs.
• Hold accountability for the deployment of CO initiatives, policies and strategies.
• Effectively manage the Field Office to ensure transparent and efficient people management and the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
• Ensure efficient use of financial resources for achievement of set objectives.
• Hold accountability for the security of WFP staff, operations, premises, and assets in the Field Office to ensure that WFP security and safety standards are locally set and followed. Actively participate and contribute to the Area Security Management Team (ASMT).
• Collaborate with governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully deployed at the local level and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of food assistance programmes, including advice on the context-specific transfer modalities (food, cash or vouchers).
• Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems and conduct timely monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Hold accountability and/or prepare accurate and comprehensive analysis and reports on WFP operations and performance with regular and timely submission for Area/Country Office review to identify programme support requirements and inform operational planning and decisions.
• Forge and nurture external partnerships to improve assistance packages and support complementary strategies; identify potential areas for collaborative approaches and initiatives.
• Develop and sustain liaison with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, donors, civil society, beneficiaries and other partners and media engaged in the field of food security.
• Engage with beneficiaries, inspect storage places and points where WFP commodities are received, in order to ensure compliance with WFP policies and that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives.
• Other as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced University degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
• Have 5 years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
• Has developed, or supported in the development of, multi-discipline work plans to support the achievement of WFP strategic aims within a defined area.
• Has gained experience in field operations, preferably in a hardship duty station or emergency situation.
• Has field experience via field rotations or working in a sub-office, and through field postings.
• Gained experience of analysing political situations, assessing risk accurately and supporting managers and leaders in decision making that is sensitive to this.
• Gained broader exposure across areas within a function (i.e. policy, programme etc.)
• Has gained experience managing mid-size financial budgets, balancing multiple priorities effectively.
• Has experience leading a mid-size to large team to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
• Participated in a vendor/government/ partner negotiation in support of broad function or Country Office requirements.
• Participated in a moderately complex emergency operation/ development programme.
• Has experience with security co-ordination and compound management within a mid-size area.
• An asset would be experience within WFP, UN system, or similar NGO.
• Fluency level C in English (Mandatory)
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 04 June, 2021