World Food Programme Recruitment 2019 for Policy Programme Officer (Food Systems)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the World Food Programme Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Food Programme Recruitment 2019
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer (PPO) NOB in Tamale, the technical supervision of the Strategic Outcome 2 Manager in Accra and the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office, Tamale, the Programme Policy Officer (NOA) Food Systems will be expected to perform the following duties:
To design and manage programmes in the areas of sustainable food systems, food and nutrition security and smallholder farmers agriculture and market support initiatives that align with and support Government’s priorities in achieving the Zero Hunger by 2030-Agenda.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all efforts to guide the implementation of WFP’s Smallholder Agriculture and Market Support (SAMS) unit in the 3 Regions of the North
- Engage with stakeholders, develop and maintain partnerships that support efficient programme implementation that deploys a wide range of transfer modalities.
- Develop Strategic Outcome 2 (SO2) Beneficiaries capacity strengthening approach and priorities by Organizing and layout standard process and procedures for various pro-smallholder farmers’ interventions
- Define and lead Best Agricultural Practices Interventions Strategy by widely researching and promoting the ones appropriate for Ghana) by identifying who is promoting them, where, costs, process of acquisition
- Define and lead Post-Harvest Management interventions strategy by widely researching and promoting accepted post-harvest management (equipment & materials, technologies) by identifying who is promoting them, where, costs, process of acquisition- FOCAL POINT to liaise with WFP Global Post Harvest Knowledge & Operations Centre (KNOC) based in Uganda and Cote d’Ivoire)
- Define and lead pro-smallholder Market Access interventions Strategy by widely researching and promoting innovative measures to enable farmers to secure market opportunities (technologies) by identifying who is promoting them, where, costs, process of acquisition- MARKET-LINKAGES FOCAL POINT (3 Regions of the North)
- Support Smallholders and Communities Resilience through creating training or other forms of assistance in the areas of Climate Smart Agriculture and Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture Initiative
8. Collate and organize Outputs indicators to be shared with Activity Manager (AM) for entry into Country Office Monitoring and Evaluation Tool (COMET); ensure up to date information on “Other Outputs” by consolidating information received from Partners
9. Liaise with M&E and in Consultation with Activity Manager contribute to update/actualize and guide utilization of: Beneficiary Profiling and Resources Mapping Tools
10. Support Activity Manager in consolidation and drafting of Annual Country Report (ACRs) and other corporate reports
11. Consolidate, review and share monthly activities/projects progress reports with Activity Manager.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
In-depth technical knowledge on sustainable food systems, agriculture and nutrition value chain, programme co-ordination and projects implementation.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
First degree in Agro Economics Agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Development studies or other related fields.
Language: Fluency in English language is essential. Knowledge of local languages spoken in northern Ghana will be an advantage.
How to Apply