World Food Programme Recruitment 2019 for Logistics Associate
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the World Food Programme Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Food Programme Recruitment 2019
Job holder reports to the UNHRD National Logistics Officer (Head of Operations) based in Accra with overall supervision by the Hub Manager.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific logistics assistance. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To provide effective specialised technical support and to UNHRD’s barcoding system activities that effectively support daily operations providing humanitarian partners with requested services.
Under the direct supervision of the UNHRD National Logistics Officer, and the overall supervision of the Hub Manager, you (Logistics Assistant) will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of non-food items to UNHRD’s partners;
- Assist the operational department ensuring the integrity of transport information and maintain confidentiality;
- Assist the analysis of transport rates received from service providers and prepare minutes to be presented to the members of the Local Transport Committee (LTC);
- Assist the National Logistics Officer in finalizing and relaying the LTC recommendations to the Network Coordinator for approval;
- Support and assist in the quarterly physical stock count of relief supplies in the warehouse;
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
7. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
8. Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
9. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
10. Support oversight for Non-Food Items (NFI) accounting data quality and integrity.
11. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
12. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, Standard Project Reports(SPRs), financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
13. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
14. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
15. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
16. Perform any other duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in logistics customer service related activities;
- Experience and exposure to working with customer service units, warehousing and freight-forwarding teams;
- Experience with contracting freight-forwarding companies;
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information,
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
First Degree in Logistics, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other related field.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to identify impediments and tackle problems requiring attention.
- Knowledge of basic logistics routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of colleagues and partners.
- Maturity, initiative, courtesy, tact and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to handle additional tasks.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff
Fluency in English language is essential. Fluency or intermediate knowledge of French would be an asset.
How to Apply