World Bank Africa Fellowship Programme for African Graduates 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Bank Africa Fellowship Programme for African Graduates 2019…Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Bank Africa Fellowship Programme 2019
The Africa Region of the World Bank Group (WBG) is announcing the third Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. students and recent graduates who are Sub-Saharan nationals. The World Bank Africa Fellowship program intends to attract young African talent to the World Bank Group workplace.
- Offered annually? Yes
- Number of Awardees: Not specified
- Value of Fellowship: Fellows will receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Duration of Fellowship: Fellows will spend a minimum of six months.
- Award Provider: World Bank Group
- Type: PhD, Fellowship
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
- To be taken at (country): World Bank offices in Washington, D.C. or in a Sub-Saharan country
Programme Description: For the World Bank Africa Fellowship, Fellows will spend a minimum of six months at the World Bank offices in Washington, D.C. or in field offices, getting hands-on experience in development work. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, a design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Eligible Fields: Sub-Saharan nationals who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a Ph.D. program in the following fields: economics, applied statistics and econometrics, impact evaluation, education, health, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, demography, forced displacement, and all relevant development fields.
Fellows will be expected to complete a research project or prepare a research paper to present to staff. High-standard papers may be published internally.
Eligibility: A candidate of the World Bank Africa Fellowship must:
- Be a Sub-Saharan national who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a Ph.D. program in all relevant field of development, including, but not limited to economics, education, health, governance, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, demography.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
Selection Criteria: The following additional attributes are highly desirable:
- a command of an additional World Bank official language
- national from fragile and conflict-affected countries
- candidates from refugee and internally displaced communities and/or with proven experience on forced displacement
After submitting an application online, the most promising candidates for the World Bank Africa Fellowship will be identified, and their application packages forwarded to World Bank Africa Region managers and participating departments for consideration. Departments and managers will then indicate their preferences, as well as the project to be undertaken.
Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, will be hired as short-term consultants for a minimum of six months.
Application Form – How to Apply: Apply for the Africa Fellowship Program now
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of World Bank Africa Fellowship Programme for African Graduates 2019 for more information.
Application Deadline: 5th October 2018