Women in News (WIN) Leadership Development Programme for African Women Journalists 2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Women in News (WIN) Leadership Development Programme for African Women Journalists 2018… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Women in News (WIN) Leadership Development Programme 2018
The World Association of Newspaper and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) is pleased to invite women journalists to apply for the Women in News (WIN) Leadership Development Programme.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Value of Award: See thee full details below.
- Type: Training
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Duration of Programme: September 2018 to June 2019
Programme description: WIN works with media companies and their high potential female employees to overcome the gender gap in management and senior management positions. The programme seeks to equip women media professionals in middle and senior management positions with the right skills, knowledge and attitudes to help advance their careers. WIN provides them the support networks they need to take on a greater leadership role within their organizations and works with their organizations to create environments for high potential women to succeed.
- Applicants eligible for this call should be working in these countries: Botswana, Rwanda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania and Kenya.
- Media women with a minimum of 2 years in a middle management position (editorial or a senior journalist)
While in previous years WIN has been accepting media women mostly from the print media, this year the call is being extended to even those in digital and electronic media.
Value of Award: Successful applicants will benefit from the following:
1- Online Leadership and Media Management Training
2- One-on-one coaching support
3- Peer Mentoring
4- National and Regional Networking opportunities
5- Opportunities for bespoke topics at national events, which include but are not limited to mobile journalism as well as other practical skills that can be used in and outside the newsroom.
In addition, participants who have the right aptitude and demonstrate commitment to the WIN programme through completion of the online course, participation in National Gatherings, participation in all assigned coaching sessions and engagement with the Future Leaders programme may be considered for a Master Class Fellowship to do a Certificate in Media Management Studies with WITS University of South Africa.
Application Form – How to Apply:
- Interested applicants can download the nomination form here and the MoU form here. Please fill and send both documents.
- In the event that you fail to download) request an application form by sending an email to the following email addresses:
- For applicants from Rwanda, Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe, please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For applicants from Kenya, Tanzania and Malawi, please send your requests to email@example.com
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY 15 AUGUST 2018.
Important Notes: Successful participants will be expected to travel on specific occasions throughout the programme. Your availability for this will be crucial for the overall success of the programme.
Application Deadline: 15th August 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Women in News (WIN) Leadership Development Programme for African Women Journalists 2018 for more information.
Share this post with your Friends: