West and Central Africa Training of Trainers Workshop on African Human Rights Mechanisms 2018 – Abuja, Nigeria
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Research For West and Central Africa Training of Trainers Workshop on African Human Rights Mechanisms 2018 – Abuja, Nigeria… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
West and Central Africa Training of Trainers Workshop on African Human Rights Mechanisms 2018
Call for Applications for the Training Workshop for trainers in central and West Africa on African human rights mechanisms from the 26-28 september 2018,
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Type: Training
- Duration of Programme: 26-28 September, 2018
- To Be Taken At (Country): Abuja, Nigeria
- Eligible Countries: Mali, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Ghana, Chad , DRC, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea Conakry, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Benin, Togo, Niger, Central African Republic, Congo Brazzaville
Programme Description: The Training of Trainers (FDF) is an activity organized by ACDHRS with its local partner HURIDAC under the aegis of the project “Strengthening the Role of Civil Society in the Realization of African Human Rights Standards”. implemented by the International Commission of Jurists (European Institutions and Kenyan Branch), the Norwegian Council for Refugees (NRC) and the African Center for Studies on Democracy and Human Rights (ACDHRS).
Independent Civil Society Actors and human rights defenders are key actors in social change at both the national and regional levels, who monitor the implementation of international human rights standards, and monitor the implementation of international human rights standards. the execution of judgments, decisions and recommendations of African regional human rights mechanisms. They also contribute to strengthening States’ capacities to ensure the application of international human rights standards.
Training Objectives: The overall objective of the FDF workshop is to build the capacity of a broad group of Trainers representing Human Rights NGOs, Journalists and Lawyers to equip them with knowledge and capacity to an adequate and more effective engagement with the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR), the Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (CEDBEE) and the African Court of Human Rights Man and Peoples for strategic engagement and litigation management by Civil Society. This will serve as an induction, especially for Human Rights Defenders with little or no previous experience with the African human rights system.
Eligibility: The training is for representatives of human rights NGOs, Practitioners / Lawyers, and Journalists from Central and West Africa (See List of eligible countries above)
Interested persons are invited to apply online no later than Friday, August 24, 2018 and must meet the following criteria:
– Submit a letter of motivation;
– Submit (before arrival in Nigeria) a report on the human rights situation in their respective countries (5 pages maximum);
– To be actively engaged during the last two years in activities related to human rights;
– Submit a brief curriculum vitae (one page maximum);
– Submit a copy of the valid passport.
Resource Persons: Resource persons will be identified among the organizers and partners.
Value of Award:
• Capacity Building of Trainers on the African Human Rights System;
• Knowledge of the instruments of the African human rights system including theoretical and practical knowledge of the instruments;
• Improved knowledge for advocacy, lobbying for engagement and litigation management before the African Commission, the African Court and the Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child;
• Networking opportunities with civil society organizations on issues of general interest;
• Learning and sharing good practices for engagement (to apply for observer status, produce communications, make statements at Commission sessions, etc.)
Application Details – How to Apply:
Application Deadline: 24th August 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of West and Central Africa Training of Trainers Workshop on African Human Rights Mechanisms 2018 – Abuja, Nigeria for more information