West Africa Network For Peacebuilding Recruitment 2019 for Driver
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the West Africa Network For Peacebuilding Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
West Africa Network For Peacebuilding Recruitment 2019
The West Africa Network for Peacebuilding, Ghana (WANEP-Ghana) is a non-profit making peacebuilding Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). It is a civil society institution meant to prevent, resolve, and transform violent conflicts through collective and coordinated efforts of NGOs, local and national state institutions as well as individuals actively engaged in peacebuilding practice in Ghana in order to avoid the duplication of efforts and maximize resources for more effective responses to conflict situations. The organization seeks to facilitate the creation of a sustainable culture of non-violence, justice, peace and social reconciliation in Ghanaian communities.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Driver, to support in the implementation of a project related to sustainable peace and security in Ghana’s natural resource sector. One of the programs the position will support is the “Responsive Engagement and Collective Learning Approaches to Inform Mercury Substitution for Artisanal and Small-Scale Gold Mining in Ghana (RECLAIMS ASGM, Ghana).
The project, sponsored by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES) is for three years ending in September 2021. It is jointly implemented with the Fund For Peace (FFP), a United States Based non-profit organization, the George Paa Grant University of Mines and Technology (UMaT) and supported by the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources of Ghana.
It is aimed at assisting the Government of Ghana with reducing the use of mercury in the Artisanal and Small-Scale Gold Mining sector. Another program will involve support to WANEP-Ghana’s coordination of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR) national Working Group and related activities
- Job Title: Driver
- Job Location: Tamale
- Duration of Employment: 1 year subject to annual appraisal and renewal.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND EXPECTATIONS
- Working under the direct supervision of the Human Resource and Administrative Assistant, the Driver will perform the following functions.
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for regular maintenance and ensures the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensures statutory requirements such as road worthiness and Insurance are complied with and up to date, and the documents/supplies and spare parts are available at all times for inspection.
- Perform preventive and regular maintenance on vehicle.
- Drive staff, officials and partners on duty or as officially assigned.
- Ensures regular logging of vehicles used.
- Run official errands including delivery of documents and items.
- Share relevant information and maintains an open line of communication with colleagues and superiors.
- When appropriate, undertakes other related duties and responsibilities assigned by your supervisor(s).
You are also expected to
- Be able to travel on short notice and work extra time
- Have sense for decency in dressing and maintains basic driving ethics
- Speak English fluently and have good writing skills
- Have keen interest in the work of WANEP-Ghana
- Possess a valid driving license
- Know the travel routes of Ghana
- Be culturally and conflict-sensitive, and be a good team player
- Have stable emotional disposition.
Required Skills or Experience
- Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in professional driving capacity especially in the NGO field. Applicants should not have been out of regular driving for more than four (4) months, and should not be less than thirty (30) years of age.
- Education: A high school qualification or Diploma in addition to a professional auto-mechanics training certificate.
How to Apply
Applications including cover letter and CV should be submitted at [email protected] not later than 5:00pm on the 13th March 2019.
- Recruitment will remain open until the appropriate candidate is appointed.
Please note, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.