WAEC ABCE/GBCE Registration Form & Guidelines – (May/June) 2019. WAEC ABCE Registration Procedures for Private and School candidates for 2019 has commenced. The West African Examination Council, WAEC ABCE/GBCE Registration for 2019 has commenced.
The WAEC 2019 General/Advanced Business certificate Examinations for School and Private Candidates registration period starts on Monday, 3rd December, 2018 and end on Friday, 15th February, 2019
REGISTRATION OF CANDIDATES
The West African Examinations Council wishes to inform the general public that the registration of candidates for the May/June, 2019 General/Advanced Business Certificate Examinations for School and Private Candidates will commence on Monday, 3rd December, 2018 and end on Friday, 15th February, 2019.
Table of Contents
- WAEC ABCE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
WAEC ABCE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
For detailed information on the registration procedure, prospective candidates are to log onto the WAEC website registration.ghanawaec.org. Candidates are advised to read the manual of registration available on the website carefully before proceeding to register.
- Candidates are to note there is a biometric component of the registration, which includes the capturing of fingerprints and photograph of
- Candidates are required to start the registration process by contacting internet cafes with the requisite equipment for the capturing of their
- After the fingerprints of candidates have been captured biometrically at the cafes, candidates may continue the registration process anywhere on their
Upon submission of their entries online, candidates have the option to make payment by Bank payment or Visa Card. Candidates may also print an invoice which they would submit to a designated bank to effect payment of the registration fee by cash. The list of designated banks can be found in the manual of registration.
The registration shall become valid only after the requisite fee has been paid.
- WAEC ABCE/GBCE Registration Form & Guidelines – (May/June)
- WAEC ABCE/GBCE Registration Fees Schedule
- Download Official WAEC Ghana ABCE Timetable
- Download Official WAEC Ghana ABCE Timetable
- WAEC GBCE/ABCE Registration Closing Date
Candidates should read the entire manual for the registration carefully and comply with the requirements. The Council directs candidates not to make payments to any persons other than the designated banks or by Visa Card only. Anyone who flouts this directive does so at his/her own risk.
Candidates are required to have their fingerprints captured at designated internet cafes to commence registration. The list of designated internet cafes can be obtained on the WAEC website: www.waecgh.org
NOTE: Candidates are advised to read the information provided in Items 3(8) and 3(9), on pages 5 and 6, relating to the subjects and the types of registration available for the examination before beginning the registration process.
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
- Open the registration website waecgh.org
- Select “link to ABCE”, if you are registering for the Advanced Business Certificate Examination or “link to GBCE”, if you are registering for the General Business Certificate Examination.
- Click on START REGISTRATION HERE.
- For fresh registration, create a profile by providing the required data under ‘FreshRegistration Section’.
- Fill in your personal
- Select the Region and Centre where you wish to take the
- Scan and upload your image (recent passport-sized photograph with a white background) and your signature (signed in blue or black ink).
- Select the subject(s) you intend to
- Click on submit only when you are sure of the correctness of your
- If after submission you wish to amend your data, click on START REGISTRATION HERE and select Existing Candidate’s Section. After the amendment, click on submit.
- Print your fee slip and take it to any of the banks listed in Item 3 (12).
- Pay the appropriate fees at the bank and obtain your receipt generated from the WAEC platform.
- You will use your Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission Notice from 11th March, 2019
NB: YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT VALID UNTIL FULL PAYMENT OF THE APPROPRIATE FEE IS MADE.
WAEC GBCE REGISTRATION ELIGIBILITY
The 2019 May/June General/Advanced Business Certificate Examinations are open to both private individuals and students in approved institutions.
DATES FOR THE EXAMINATIONS
The GBCE will start on Tuesday, 2nd April, 2019 and end on Friday, 3rd May, 2019 whilst the ABCE will also start on Tuesday, 2nd April, 2019 and end on Friday, 3rd May, 2019.
Access the timetable by clicking on the timetable link on the website. Carefully study it for your guidance in the choice of subjects.
Candidates may access their Index Numbers online from 11th March, 2019 onward using their Invoice Numbers.
Candidates should ensure that their names are correctly spelt.
- SURNAME should be entered first, followed by the FIRST NAME and then the MIDDLE NAME (if any).
- Full name including spaces should not exceed forty (40)
For example: OFORI-MENSAH EMMANUEL KWABENA should be entered as
Candidates with compound names should ensure that the hyphen is properly indicated.
NB: Candidate’s surname and first name should always be written in full.
- DATE OF BIRTH
Candidates should ensure that their correct dates of birth are entered. All requests for amendment on date of birth would be considered only during and after registration.
No amendment of date of birth would be entertained after release of results.
E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Candidates should ensure that they provide e-mail addresses and telephone numbers that are active. The Council will correspond with candidates via the e-mail addresses and telephone numbers they provide.
NOTE: WAEC WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WRONG DATA PROVIDED BY CANDIDATES.
WAEC ABCE EXAMINATION CENTRES
The centres for the examination are listed below.
|Greater Accra Region (1)||Accra|
|Eastern Region (2)||Koforidua|
|Central Region (3)||Cape Coast|
|Western Region (4)||Takoradi|
|Ashanti Region (5)||Kumasi|
|BrongAhafo Region (6)||Sunyani|
|Volta Region (7)||Ho|
|Northern Region (8)||Tamale|
|Upper East Region (9)||Bolgatanga|
|Upper West Region (9)||Wa|
NB: The Council reserves the right to re-locate candidates to other centres, if there are not enough entries for any particular centre, or if there are more candidates at a centre than can be accommodated.
WAEC GBCE/ABCE EXAMINATION SUBJECTS
The subjects available for the May/June 2019 examinations are as follows:
General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
Business Law Commerce
Cost Accounting Economics English Language
Financial Accounting Information Technology Integrated Science Marketing
Mathematics Office Practice Social Studies
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Business Communication Business Finance Business Law
Cost and Management Accounting Economics
Financial Accounting Hardware and Networking Human Resource Management Information Systems Information Technology Marketing
Office Administration & Practice Typewriting
WAEC ABCE/GBCE REGISTRATION FEES
Entry Fee – The cost of the entry per candidate is GH¢17.00.
(b) The fee per subject payable for the examination are as follows:
GBCE REGISTRATION FEES
Entry in 1 subject ………………… GH¢73.00
Entry in 2 subjects ………………. GH¢145.00
Entry in 3 subjects ……………….. GH¢218.00
Entry in 4 or more subjects ………….. GH¢291.00
English Language 3 (Oral) …… GH¢27.00
Information Technology Practical Test … GH¢38.00
ABCE REGISTRATION FEES
Entry in 1 subject ………………… GH¢117.00
Entry in 2 subjects ………………. GH¢234.00
Entry in 3 or more subjects ………….. GH¢354.00 Information Technology Practical Fee …… GH¢38.00
Correction of Entries
After submission of entries, candidates who wish to make any amendment(s) during the registration period will pay the following charges:
- GH¢100.00 for correction of name, address and picture,
The relevant fees stated in 3(11)(b) plus practical fee (where applicable) for subject changes.
NB: The registration website will automatically shut down after 15th February, 2019. No requests for late entries, additions or amendments would be accepted after the deadline.
LIST OF PARTICIPATING BANKS
Candidates may pay their registration fees at any branch of the following banks:
- Prudential Bank
- Bank of Africa
- FBN Bank
- Access Bank
- Zenith Bank
- United Bank of Africa (UBA)
- Agricultural Development Bank
REFUND OF FEES
Fees once paid are not refundable. However, when a notice of withdrawal of candidature is received within one month after the close of entries and the reasons for withdrawal are satisfactory, the Head of National Office (HNO), may grant a refund of the total fee paid less 15% for administrative expenses.
REQUEST FOR RE-MARKING
Candidates who will request for re-marking of their scripts should do so not later than sixty (60) days after the release of results. Any such candidate will pay the appropriate fees.
DISPOSAL OF SCRIPTS
Scripts will be disposed of ninety (90) days after the release of results.
NB: NO QUERIES RELATING TO SCRIPTS WILL THEREFORE BE ENTERTAINED AFTER THIS PERIOD.
Share this post with your Friends: