Valley View University, VVU (www.vvu.edu.gh) Courses and Academic Programmes available for study at the institution.
Valley View University, a Seventh – day Adventist institution, emphasizes academic, spiritual vocational and technological excellence in a context that prepares lives for service to God and humanity.
To be a leading Centre of Excellence in Christian Education
Our Core Values
VVU seeks to pass on a passion for excellence, integrity and service.
- Excellence- The commitment to attain higher standards and expectations.
- Integrity – A life that matches convictions with actions. Integrity encompasses honesty, authenticity and trust worthiness
- Service – The willingness to serve God and humanity in a selfless manner.
The following are all the list of Courses offered in Valley View University.
VVU COURSES & ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
MAIN CAMPUS, OYIBI ACCRA
1. MBA in Banking and Finance
MBA in Human Resource Management
MBA Strategic Management
2. MSc in Administration – International Development
3. Post-Graduate Diploma in Education
4. Post-Graduate Diploma in Pastoral Ministry
VVU Under-Graduate Programmes Available
1. BA Religious Studies – – – Regular/Distance
2. BA Theological Studies – – – Regular
3. BBA Accounting – – – Regular/Distance
4. BBA Banking and Finance – – – Regular/Distance
5. BBA Human Resource Management – Regular/Distance
6. BBA Management – – – Regular/Distance
7. BBA Marketing – – – Regular/Distance
8. BEd Accounting with Mathematics or Management- Regular/Sandwich
9. BEd Basic Education – – – Regular
10. BEd English Language with Religion or Social Studies Regular/Sandwich
11. BEd Management with Accounting – – Regular/Sandwich
12. BEd Mathematics with Accounting – – Regular/Sandwich
13. BEd Religious Studies with English Language – Regular/Sandwich
14. BEd Social Studies with English Language – Regular/Sandwich
15. BEd Information Technology – – – Regular
16. BSc Computer Science – – – Regular
17. BSc Information Technology – – – Regular
18. BSc Development Studies – – – Regular
19. BSc Nursing – – – Regular/Summer
VVU Diploma/Certificate Programmes Available
1. Diploma in Bio-Medical Equipment Technology – Regular
2. Certificate in Bio-Medical Equipment Technology – Sandwich
1. Post-graduate forms can be downloaded from the website
2. International students can also download admission forms from the website.
Under-Graduate Programmes Options Available
1. BBA Accounting – – Regular/Distance
2. BBA Human Resource Management – Regular/Distance
3. BBA Management – – Regular/Distance
4. BBA Marketing – – Regular/Distance
5. BEd Accounting – – Regular/Sandwich
6. BEd English Language – – Regular/Sandwich
7. BEd Mathematics – – Regular/Sandwich
8. BEd Social Studies – – Regular/Sandwich
9. BSc Agribusiness – – Regular
10. BSc Information Technology – Regular
INSTITUTE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE Existing Basic Certificate & Professional Courses
Basic Courses in Computer Studies
Computer Software Applications
Computer Hardware & Networking
Linux Administration & Support
Fundamentals of Software
Graphics & Web Design
Programming with C#.NET or VB.NET
CISCO Certified Network Administrator
System Administration & Support
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
NB: Short courses are offered at Oyibi & Nyaniba Estate Campuses.
Website Development & Administration
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist
Certified Ethical Hacker
Oracle Database Administrator Dev.
American High Diploma certificate
University Access Programme
Techiman – Regular, Distance, Sandwich as well as University Access Programme
Accra (Nyaniba Estate) – Regular or Evening programmes, certificate/undergraduate/ postgraduate
Kumasi (Kwadaso) – Centre for Distance Learning
School of Business:
Short-courses: Marketing for Non-Marketing Managers; Contemporary issues in Marketing; Marketing for non-profit making Organizations; Managerial Communication; Organizations and People; Employee capacity building; Computer Applications in Accounting; Basic Accounting for NGOs; Financial Planning and Budgetary Control; Entrepreneurial Finance; Financial Management of Health Systems; and Rural Finance.
School of Theology and Missions:
Master’s Degree in Divinity
(jointly with Andrews University, USA)
Certificate courses in Biblical Languages and Chaplaincy.
Cutting Edge Programmes:
BSc. Actuarial Science (Insurance)
BSc Mathematics with Statistics
BSc Mathematics with Economics
Valley View University was established in 1979 by the West African Union Mission of Seventh-day Adventists. In 1997 it was absorbed into the Adventist University system operated by the West Central Africa Division (WAD) now West Central African Division of Seventh-day Adventist with headquarters in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. The Ghana Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, (organized in 2000), serves as the local manager of the University.
The University was initially called the Adventist Missionary College (AMC) and was located at Bekwai-Ashanti. It was transferred to Adenta near Accra in 1983 where it operated in rented facilities until it was relocated to its present site near Oyibi (kilometre 31 on the Accra-Dodowa Road) in 1989. It was renamed Valley View College.
The Adventist Accrediting Association (AAA) has, since 1983, been evaluating and reviewing the accreditation status of the institution. In 1995, the University was affiliated to Griggs University in Silver Springs, Maryland, USA. This allowed the University to offer four years’ bachelor’s degrees in Theology and Religious Studies. Then in 1997, the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of the Ministry of Education in Ghana granted Valley View College national accreditation thus permitting her to award her own degrees. Thus, Valley View University became the first private institution in Ghana to be granted national accreditation.
The University serves students from all over the world. It admits qualified students regardless of their religious background, provided such students accept the Christian principles and lifestyle which forms the basis for the University’s operations.
Valley View University is located at Oyibi, 31 km from the city of Accra, and 13 km from Adenta, a suburb of Accra. The serene atmosphere and the hilly surroundings provide the necessary tranquil, conducive to serious academic work. The vastness of the University land (335 acres) constitutes an important guarantee for future physical development.
We would love to hear from you. Contact Us!
- Hot line: +233-307-011832
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See more Post about: