VLIR-UOS Oceans & Lakes Masters Scholarship Programme 2021/2022 for Developing Countries – Belgium
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for VLIR-UOS Oceans & Lakes Masters Scholarship Programme 2021/2022 for Developing Countries – Belgium…Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity
VLIR-UOS Oceans & Lakes Masters Scholarship Programme 2021/2022
The 2-year master programme in “Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management” (Oceans & Lakes) addresses students with a background in Sciences.
- Type: Masters
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Value of Award: The scholarship covers ALL related expenses (full cost).
- Duration of Programme: 2 years
- To be taken at (country): Belgium
Programme Description: Oceans & Lakes is an inter-university programme organized by the Faculty of Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB, Free University of Brussels), Universiteit Antwerpen (UAntwerpen, Antwerp University) and Universiteit Gent (UGent, Ghent University). The students are provided with a strong fundamental and applied knowledge and prepared for an active role in the scientific research and management of marine and lacustrine systems.
The programme adopts a multidisciplinary approach integrating physical, chemical geological, ecological and societal aspects and including nature conservation and sustainable development.
- funds and facilitates academic cooperation and exchange between higher education institutions in Flanders (Belgium) and those in developing countries
- aims at building capacity, knowledge and experience for a sustainable development.
- The VLIR-UOS scholarship is particulary designed for people from developing countries with a minimum of professional experience who occupy key or strategic positions at an institution in their native country.
- The opportunities for knowledge application and transfer after the master student returns home are an important scholarship selection criterion.
- Other admission requirements refer to: age, education, motivation, language, gender, financial resources. Only students who are nationals from a country in the VLIR country list can apply. For more details on the application procedure and forms, please consult the VLIR-UOS website.
Application Form – How to Apply:
- Download this pre-registration form: fill in name, date of birth, country, etc…
- If your preregistration is accepted you will receive an e-mail from the O&L secretariat to proceed further (you can expect an answer within two weeks after you submit your pre-registration).
- In the return email from O&L secretariat, you will receive a link that will redirect you to your electronic application file. Deadline to submit your online application file is February 28, 2021.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2021
For More Information: