USP Ghana Recruitment 2019 for Technical Program Coordinator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the USP Ghana Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
USP Ghana Recruitment 2019
Summary of the Position
The Technical Program Coordinator is a non-supervisory position within GPH-Africa. The incumbent resides in Ghana and will provide technical program support towards the achievement of program objectives. The position will support the development of concept notes, expression of interests and proposals at the request of donors. The incumbent will also support project implementation and help monitor progress and outcomes of projects including metrics for performance, quality, and compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support efforts to write concept notes, expression of interests, proposals at the request of potential partners as well as project reports.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studies requests for proposal and expression of interests.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; enters and monitors tracking data; coordinates requirements with contributors; contributes proposal status information to review meetings; transmits proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinates submissions and collections; identifies and communicates risks associated with proposals.
- Compiles proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Works efficiently and effectively to manage multiple proposals and document production activities simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Provides project implementation support
- Provides support in organizing outreach activities
- Supports the monitoring of project deliverables to partners, funders and its stakeholders
- Assumes and performs additional responsibilities as requested by his/her supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- BS in public health, health policy, health science, pharmaceutical/life science or related field.
- MS. Degree – Minimum of 3 years/ BS Degree Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in pharmaceutical-related companies or with/leading public health programs/initiatives in developing countries.
- Previous experience in report writing, responding to proposal requests and designing programs with development partners and international organizations
- Technical knowledge of pharmaceutical quality assurance and quality control
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in English and French and possess excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must have basic project management skills
- Grant writing experience will be helpful.
- Have knowledge of public health issues in developing countries, especially in the areas of HIV, TB, and Malaria as well as knowledge of other major pandemics.
- Knowledge of drug regulatory authorities and national quality control laboratories
- Understands the basics of monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- High level of integrity and commitment to quality.
- Strong commitment to personal and team accountability.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a good working knowledge of donors that support Global Public Health initiatives and projects e.g. The Global Fund, USAID, The World Bank e.t.c.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their CVs and Cover letters to email@example.com
Share this post with your Friends: