USP Ghana Recruitment 2019 for Associate Scientist
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the USP Ghana Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
USP Ghana Recruitment 2019
Summary of the Position
- The Associate Scientist will perform testing of medicines and foods using compendia, physico-chemical and microbiology procedures and other validated procedures; and will also assist with hands-on laboratory training, and other training activities, as needed.
- The Associate Scientist may execute 90-100% of their work at the bench.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs routine chemical analyses to determine the identity, content, purity, and release rates of medicine samples and microbiological testing.
- Analyses data from tests, critically reviews results and brings any unexpected findings immediately to the attention of supervisor
- Generates and reports scientifically sound, reproducible, and accurate data
- Records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations
- Takes personal ownership of work assigned
- Executes all testing and analysis of data with excellence and minimal errors
- Has excellent understanding of the use of compendia such as USP, BP, Ph.Eur, and Ph. Int.
- Receives samples for testing, including verification of quantities and item description, log-in into database and proper storage of samples
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Experience in compendial, manufacturing and/or regulatory laboratories, QMS environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 accredited and/or WHO prequalified laboratory and exposure to laboratory software such as NuGenesis, Empower, Chemstation, MetricStream etc.
- They must have good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time and is of the highest possible quality.
- Skill to anticipate, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems.
- Having experience in the evaluation of chemical reference standards is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested Persons should send their CVs and Cover letters to email@example.com