University of Professional Studies, UPSA fresh students registration procedure for the 2019/2020 academic session.
This is to inform all the newly admitted students of the University of Professional Studies Accra, UPSA that the management of the institution has released the registration procedure for the 2019/2020 academic session.
UPSA FRESH STUDENTS REGISTRATION PROCEDURE.
Registration Procedure for Fresh Students
It is a very important requirement of the University that all students (both fresh & continuing) register at the beginning of every semester. The registration procedure for fresh students, which is more elaborate involves the following.
What does FULL REGISTRATION involve?
- Payment of Fees
- Medical Examination
- Verification of entry qualifications and other documents
- Academic/Course Registration
- Acquisition of UPSA ID Card
Payment of Fees
All students are to pay their academic facility user fees and miscellaneous charges or dues at the designated banks indicated on the fees schedule and follow the link to https://www.interpayafrica.com/upsa/student or visit upsa.edu.gh to disburse the payment done at the bank. Use your student’s identification number as both username and password and change the password when logging-out.
Every aspect of fresh student’s medical screening shall be done at the University’s Clinic and shall include the following:
· Taking of vitals
· Eye testing
· Laboratory investigation
· Chest X-Ray
Medical screening is part of the registration exercise for fresh students and therefore students must note that unless the medical screening is completed and a report issued, duly stamped and endorsed by a Medical Officer of the University, fresh students cannot proceed with the next stage of registration.
Verification of Entry Qualification and other Documents
Visit the Records Centre (Room 34), located on the 1st Floor, North Wing, New Administration Block to present your medical report and have the originals of your entry qualification(s) (e.g. WASSCE certificate) and birth certificates cross-checked against the photocopies submitted. After successfully completing this process, you will be issued with a Documentation Clearance Form and a formal letter of admission to enable you proceed to the next level of registration.
Undertake course registration in Room 7 as follows:
Step (i) Manual Registration
- Present your admission letter, students’ online payment (interpay) slip and receipts for payment of fees to the Registration Assistant.
- Obtain and complete your bio-data and course registration forms.
- Have the completed course registration form cross-checked and endorsed by the Registration Assistants.
- Write your name in a notebook provided after the endorsement of your course registration form.
Step (ii) On-line Registration and Acquisition of ID Card
• Move to the Data Centre (AB. 9) and have your bio-data and course registration form entered into the on-line students’ information system.
• Collect your proof of registration slip from the Registration Assistant.
• Check from your proof of registration slip to ensure that the right course codes and courses have been registered before you leave the Data Centre.
• The Registration Assistant will indicate to you when you need to come back for your ID card.
The University does orientation for fresh students after the admissions process has been completed to inform them about what pertains in the university system. Some of the areas talked about include, the University library and its resources, the University clinic, Academic Affairs, security on campus, University rules and regulations, dress code, fire prevention on campus, etc. At orientation events, students are grouped under sessions. The sessions are: Morning, Evening and Weekend.
Matriculation is an important event where a fresh student is officially initiated as a student of UPSA. Fresh student must satisfy all the requirements and obligations set by the University before he/she is matriculated. These include: registration, medical screening, orientation, etc. Any student who fails to be matriculated without any valid reason will not be accepted as a student of UPSA.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: