UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship for International Researchers (Funded to Helsinki, Finland) 2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship for International Researchers (Funded to Helsinki, Finland) 2018… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship 2018
The UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme gives registered doctoral students the opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research, and to work with researchers in areas of mutual interest.
- Eligible Countries: International
- Award Providers: UNU-WIDER
- To Be Taken At (Country): Helsinki, Finland
- Type: Fellowship, PhD
- Duration of Program: 3 months
Programme Description: Visiting PhD fellows typically spend three consecutive months at UNU-WIDER before returning to their home institution. During their time in Helsinki, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. They may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
Number of Awards: The Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme is highly competitive and only a limited number of fellows can be accepted. In recent years, one percent of all applications have been successful.
Value of Award: UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of your PhD granting institution, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER), and a monthly stipend of EUR 1,600 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their fellowship. The programme does not cover expenses related to dependents.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
- Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
- Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged.
- The programme is especially addressed by researchers at later stages of their PhD.
Application Form – How to Apply:
- If you are interested in participating in this programme you should complete and submit the application form.
- As part of your application, you will be asked to upload your curriculum vitae. Your PhD supervisor will need to provide UNU-WIDER with a letter of reference, which should be emailed (by your supervisor) to the following address: phd reference (at)wider.unu.edu. The reference letter will also be used to certify that you are enrolled in a PhD programme at your university.
- Please note we do not receive applications by email or post.
- UNU-WIDER only receives online applications for the Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme twice each year. Deadlines for submission of applications are 31 March and 30 September 23:59 UTC+3 each year.
- When applying in September, you would be visiting UNU-WIDER in the period of February-June of the following year.
- When applying in March, you would be visiting UNU-WIDER in the period of August-November of the same year.
Important Notes: Please note that the link to the online application form will only become active one month prior to the submission deadline (e.g., application procedures start on 1 March and 1 September of each year).
- 31st March 2018
- 30th September 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship for International Researchers (Funded to Helsinki, Finland) 2018 for more information.
Share this post with your Friends: