The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. United Nations Office for Project Services Vacancies 2020 Application Form, United Nations Office for Project Services Jobs 2020, United Nations Office for Project Services Career Portal, Requirements for United Nations Office for Project Services Job Recruitment 2020.
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 United Nations Office for Project Services Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
Table of Contents
United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment Details:
|Organization||United Nations Office for Project Services|
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at the United Nations Office for Project Services. Explore your position of choice and then apply it according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Project Manager
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), Ghana Operational Hub based in Accra –Ghana with Country Offices in Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone with compelling solid reputation across the globe in delivery of its core mandates in the areas of Project Management, Infrastructure and Procurement.What drives us is a passion to fight inequalities and to provide opportunities to those most vulnerable. This means we often work in the most challenging environments, building foundations for communities to function and people to live with dignity and respect. To succeed here, he/she need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as working with the different units to meet their expectations.
The project manager is responsible to produce/read the project initiation documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project(s) products are capable of meeting the business cases for both UNOPS and the client. Success of the project(s) and hence Project Manager will be based on the Success Criteria of UNOPS engagements which are linked to the responsibilities described below.The project manager is responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle. S/he will rely on a number of external suppliers for its successful delivery, managing tight timelines with agility and solution orientation. Reporting to the Head of Programme, s/he must be able to apply, with some degree of autonomy, the below duties and responsibilities of the project success criteria:
- Establish solid working relationship with the project governance structures (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance)
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OC Director and the project(s)Delivery and Performance:
- Develop and maintain project plans
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers
- Authorise Work Packages
- Advise the Project Board and OC Manager of any deviations from the plan
- Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved
- Manage and review product quality and ensure products are accepted
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers
- Identify and report potential business opportunities for UNOPS to supervisor
- Identify and report threats to UNOPS internal business case to supervisorProcedures:
- Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organisational policy is complied with (Organisational Directives and Administrative Instructions)
- Prepare/adapt the following plans for approval by the Project Board: I. Project Initiation Documentation; II. Stage/Exception Plans and relevant Product Descriptions
- Prepare the following reports:
- Highlight Reports
- End Stage Reports
- Operational Closure Checklist
- End Project Report
- Handover Report
- Maintain the following: i. Electronic Blue File; ii. Procurement, HR and Finance files as required by those practices as per OD12.
- Ensure that all expenditure comply with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR).
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Understand and manage UNOPS overheads, allocable charges, and related corporate charges as they apply to the project
- Understand the unique structures of the UN and budget appropriately for personnel
- Manage and remain accountable for expenditures against the budget (based on accurate financial reports)
- Where the Project Manager has no delegation as a committing officer, s/he retains these responsibilities and will monitor and instruct/request others to carry out the relevant commitments and disbursements.Knowledge Management:
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice
- Actively interact with other PMs and the PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies
- Complete lessons learned as per reporting format
- Incorporate lessons learned from others as per planning formatPersonnel Management:
- Lead and motivate the project management team
- Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the Senior Management
- Have a thorough understanding of UNOPS personnel contract modalities (including ICA and Staff)
- Take part in selection, recruit and assure training of the team as required by project plans
- Perform the Team Manager role, unless appointed to another person(s)
- Perform Project Support role, unless appointed to another person or corporate/programme function
- Ensure safety and security for all personnel and comply with UNDSS standardsCore Values and Principles:
- Understand and respect UNOPS sustainability principles
- Look for ways to embed UNOPS sustainability principles in day to day projectmanagement
- Seek opportunities to champion gender equality at work place
- Champion and communicate project’s sustainability aspects with key stakeholders
- Understand and Respect National ownership and capacity
- Understand the principles of the Paris Declaration on aid effectiveness and mainstream them into the project plans
- Seek opportunities to recruit qualified local staff
- Look for ways to build capacity of local counterparts
- Partnerships and Coordination Understand the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and UNOPS, the project’s place in the UN system
i. Strive to build strong partnerships and effective coordination among relevant project actors (e.g. United Nations, governments, and non-governmental organisations or other relevant partners)
- Accountability for results and the use of resources
i. The project management processes are designed to deliver maximum accountability, transparency and results. If a project or processes is not in line with this, it is the responsibility of the PM to raise the issue with a supervisor
i. Contribute to innovation and the adaptation of best practice standards of sustainability and quality.
- Ensure that the project produces the required products within the specified tolerance of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits;
- Responsible for the project producing a result capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case(s) and as monitored through the Logical Framework;
- Establishes and maintains effective performance management and control systems that ensures the project meets its delivery targets;
- Coordinates the work of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ensures effective resources (and talent) management within the project team;
- Creates an inclusive work environment that promotes the principles of shared outcomes, mutual respect, consultation, and information sharing;
- Demonstrates leadership in the application of the Hub and Region’s Operational Excellenceplans and ensures the project is fully compliant with the Project Management Manual;Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Project meets its annual delivery targets
- Accuracy of project planning
- Stakeholders satisfaction
- Personnel satisfaction and engagement
- Effective project governance
- Timeliness and accuracy of reporting
- Unqualified AuditGeneral:Ensure that the project(s) produce(s) the required products within the specified tolerance of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case(s). Contribute to the overall business targets and needs.
EducationAdvanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Admini…
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Agricultural Sciences, Political/Development Studies, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree / First Level) in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Agricultural Sciences, Political/Development Studies, Engineering or other relevant discipline with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience can be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- A Technical/Professional diploma in relevant discipline in combination of four (4) additional years of experience maybe accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in project development, management and delivery with focus on monitoring, reporting and coordination in either public or private sector organisations is required.
- Past experience in implementing Agricultural (value chain) development projects is highly desirable;
- Past experience in projects involving procurement of high value equipment/goods is highly desirable.
- Past experience implementing infrastructure development projects is highly desirable;
- Past experience implementing KOICA funded projects is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNOPS procedures is an advantage;
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- PRINCE2 Foundation/Practitioner is an advantage
- Contract type: International Individual Contractual Agreement (IICA)
- Contract level: I-ICA 2/ICS 10
- Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organisational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
How to Apply for United Nations Office for Project Services Job Recruitment
To apply for the United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest United Nations Office for Project Services Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for United Nations Office for Project Services Jobs 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2020 openings across Ghana.|
|United Nations Office for Project Services Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|United Nations Office for Project Services Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes United Nations Office for Project Services Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. United Nations Office for Project Services may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the United Nations Office for Project Services Job Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: