University of Sussex Masters Scholarship 2020 for African Students in Economics
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2020/2021… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
University of Sussex Masters Scholarship 2020
The Economics Department at the University of Sussex is delighted to offer an annual Masters scholarship for suitably qualified candidates from selected sub-Saharan African countries on either the Development Economics MSc or Economics MSc.
- Type: Masters
- Number of Awards: 1
- Duration of Program: 1 year.
- To Be Taken At (Country): UK
- Value of Award: The scholarship includes the full payment of the overseas tuition fee and a maintenance grant of £10,000 but does not include travel expenses to and from the United Kingdom.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
About the Award: Launched in Autumn 2008, this scholarship is funded thanks to the support of economics alumni and the Department of Economics.
Economics research at Sussex focuses on policy-oriented research in development, international economics and labour economics. It is strongly linked to the needs of policy-making bodies, such as the European Commission, the World Bank, WTO, DFID, UNDP and UNICEF as well as the international academic community. We concentrate on three heavily overlapping clusters of work: international trade, development economics and labour economics. The department has an impressive track record in attracting research income and PhD students.
The focus on selected African countries is motivated by a dearth in existing funding opportunities for well qualified African students. Our Masters programmes in both economics and development economics also benefit from having students from African backgrounds who bring important personal experiences from developing countries that can be shared with other students from more developed countries.
Part of the Sussex vision is to ensure that the student community remains international, diverse and representative, and therefore the provision of merit scholarships is vital to our work. Scholarships for postgraduate students help ensure that Sussex attracts the brightest minds from around the globe and ensure that the University maintains and grows its standing as a world-leading research institution.
- You must be a national of one of the following sub-Saharan African countries listed above
- You must have completed your undergraduate degree in Africa.
- You must have been offered and accepted a place on either the Development Economics MSc or Economics MSc to start in September 2020.
- The successful applicant will be required to sign a Scholar’s Agreement provided by the Development & Alumni Relations Office.
Application Form – How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship, please complete the online application form after you have received an offer of a place: APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP FOR AFRICAN STUDENTS IN ECONOMICS
- 1st April 2020 23:59 (GMT)
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of University of Sussex Masters Scholarship 2020 for more information.