Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for University of Ghana Recruitment 2021.
Job Vacancy For Dean, School of Arts
POSITION: Dean, School of Arts
REPORTING TO: Provost, College of Humanities
OBJECTIVES OF THE COLLEGE:
The College of Humanities shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
• Create synergy for interdisciplinary teaching, leaching and research in the Arts, social Sciences, Business and Law;
• Provide faculty and students with skills in its various fields to contribute to the development needs of the country;
• Establish and promote international networks of Arts, social Sciences, Business and Law;
• Enhance the sharing of human, financial and material resources;
The School of Arts is made up of the following departments:
• Department of Archaeology and Heritage Studies
• Department of History
• Department of Philosophy and Classics
• Department for the Study of Religions
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATION FOR THE POSITIONS OF DEAN
The successful applicant must:
• Be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible for that person
• Be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines
• Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the School
• Demonstrate capacity to attract funding for research and development
• Have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of the School
• Normally be able to serve a minimum of one term in office.
• The Dean is responsible for providing leadership to the School and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the School Management Committee.
• The Dean is to ensure that the approved programmes and functions of the School are duly carried out by members of the School.
• The Dean is also responsible for the general administration of the School in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
• A Dean shall hold office for three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box 25,
email@example.com (Soft Copy)
The application pack should contain the following:
i. Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
ii. An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates; and,
iii. A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan.
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the university website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Closing Date: 10 May, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.