University of Missouri Assistance Program Recruitment 2019 for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the University of Missouri Assistance Program Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
University of Missouri Assistance Program Recruitment 2019
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Abelenkpe, Accra (Greater Accra)
Job Type: Contract
Period: One Year renewable subject to performance and funds availability
Application Start Date: 15th April 2019
Application end date: 15th May 2019
PROFILE OF COMPANY:
The University of Missouri Assistance Program (UMAP) is an NGO that facilities activities around the world and is officially registered in Kenya, South Sudan and Ghana. University of Missouri Assistance Program, Ghana Office (UMAP-Ghana) has a home base at the University of Missouri, Colombia – USA, and an operating mandate under the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR) International Programs.
We are looking for an experienced person in development facilitation and planning, monitoring and evaluation to join our team. The monitoring and evaluation officer reports to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of qualitative and quantitative monitoring & evaluation methodologies that incorporate rigorous statistical methods, impact evaluation, participatory monitoring and evaluation techniques
- Proven experience in leading and managing programmes and projects
- Strong communications skills required for extensive report and proposal writing
- Advance experience with Excel, demonstrated skills in statistical analysis and management information systems, Microsoft Office suite Access and other databases formats
- Support the design and development of mobile data collection apps/tools and databases
- Review existing external documents and data, contribute key learnings and findings to the company data knowledge database.
- Undertake regular field monitoring and data collection activities to track progress and impact.
- Develop data collection training materials, train enumerators, and manage field data collection teams and processes.
- Responsible for the design and review of M&E tools preferably in the Agriculture
- Assist in the development, adoption and usage of innovative M&E tools and equipment
- Use of GIS application and producing thematic maps relating to project implementation
REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Minimum of five years professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects
- Bachelor’s degree in development planning, public policy, international development, agricultural economics or related field
- An advanced certificate in M&E preferred
- Ability to work on more than one project
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
- Proven experience in managing data bases
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection and measurement, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning sample surveys and conducting survey respondent interviews
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools, e.g. questionnaires, interview guides
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to field staff in performance monitoring and reporting procedures
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for external evaluators
- Experience in proposal writing
- Experience in project representation and advocacy
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French is an advantage
- Ability to work and report in a matrix environment and working with multiple consortium members will be a plus
How to Apply
- Interested persons should submit their application (signed cover letter, CV and three (3) referees) by email to: email@example.com with subject line: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Position
- We thank all applicants for applying for the position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interview will be conducted on a rolling-basis.
NB: UMAP – Ghana is an equal opportunity organisation and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Ensure that you mention www.jobwebghana.com as the source of this job advert.