The United Nations University Recruitment 2019/2020 advertisement has been released and available below. United Nations University Vacancies 2019 Application Form, United Nations University Jobs 2019, United Nations University Career Portal, Requirements for United Nations University Job Recruitment 2019.
United Nations University Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2019 United Nations University Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
Table of Contents
United Nations University Recruitment Details:
|Organization||United Nations University|
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at United Nations University. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development, and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. The mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States. For more information please visit www.unu.edu.
About the United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa (UNU-INRA)
UNU-INRA is one of fourteen research and training centres and programmes established by UNU worldwide. The mission of UNU-INRA is to strengthen the capacity of Africa’s universities and research institutions to conduct research and produce well-trained, well-equipped, and motivated individuals, capable of developing, adapting, and disseminating technologies that advance food security, andn promote conservation and efficient use of the continent’s natural resources for sustainable development. For more information please visit www.inra.unu.edu.
UNU-INRA is currently looking for an outstanding individual with strong commitment and the potential to bring a significant contribution to the institute’s activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of UNU-INRA, and functional guidance by the Deputy Director of Administration at UNU Headqaurters, the Finance and Administration Officer will generally oversee the effective and efficient financial, administrative, and human resource management of the institute.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Plan and implement the finance and administrative operations of the institute in the areas of financial planning/budgeting, accounting, and control; personnel; procurement and inventory management; staff travel; premises and staff accommodation; security; and communications in accordance with United Nations’ Financial Regulations and Rules;
- Responsible for coordination and provision of administration of human resources in UNU-INRA, e.g. recruitments, contract negotiations, performance appraisals, job evaluations, training, etc.;
- Ensure that all UNU regulations and procedures related to human resources are implemented;
- Work closely with UNU`s Human Resource unit to ensure smooth operation;
- Control and approve financial transactions; goods receipt of purchased items, invoice verification and ensure proper archiving of financial records and all related documentation; coordinate the monthly and annual closing of accounts;
- Plan and facilitate the administration arrangements for all travel/missions in close collaboration with UNU Administration at UNU Headquarters;
- Conduct procurement activities for the institute, including sourcing, solicitation, contract and vendor management;
- Liaise with the host government, agencies and institutions on matters pertaining to the implementation of signed agreements and provide relevant protocol support, as needed;
- Manage and supervise operations of the institute at the Africa Head Office in Accra, and five other African countries;
- Act as OIC in the absence of the Director in managing the office and operations;
- Support operations at UNU-INRA by actively pursuing business management/development opportunities in identifying funding opportunities in Ghana and beyond and providing relevant support tools;
- Liaise with UNU Headquarters in Tokyo and Malaysia on the operations of the institute in Africa;
- Assist programme staff on project management; research, field work, review and updates of reports and data used in the development of documents, work plans and budgets; enter and update approved work plan/budget data in the project management system (Pelikan);
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with approved budgetary allocations; run periodic reports from the ERP systems (ATLAS) in order to assist in the preparation of regular and ad hoc budgetary/financial updates, reports, statistics and/or projections for Director, project managers and donors;
- Prepare a variety of administrative documents and correspondence; initiate administrative procedures and ensure follow-up; review requests for payments against contractual obligations in the financial system, and provide information on payment status and remaining obligations to the Director and project managers;
- Plan and organise meetings, events, and workshops by booking venues, equipment, and providing other related logistical support; identify, review for style, format and accuracy, and assemble documents and pertinent information in support of such events and meetings; and
- Collate and review information and data for presentations; initiate procedures for research publications and associated services required and provide administrative support;
Perform any other administrative-related duties as may be assigned
- A postgraduate qualification (master’s degree) in a business discipline with a financial and accounting emphasis or a related discipline or bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined with two additional years of relevant experience;
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience in financial and administrative management in the UN, private sector, NGO or international organisation; including direct responsibility for staff, organisational budget, and knowledge in programme management is considered an asset;
- The ideal applicant needs to be process-oriented and possess management skills and also demonstrate a capacity for taking and implementing decisions which apply to overall efficient operational management;
- In-depth knowledge of accounting regulations, and IPSAS is a plus. Proficiency in accounting systems, MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required, and knowledge in ATLAS/PeopleSoft is a plus;
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills; and demonstrated experience in organising training workshops, conferences, and fundraising activities, as well as forging partnerships with international agencies, national institutions and NGOs;
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in both oral and written English. Good working knowledge of French language would be an advantage;
- Entrepreneurism and dynamism combined with good interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Attention to details with strong analytical skills in general office management; demonstrated interest in research, environmental issues, and natural resource management would be positive; and
- Full professional proficiency in English, knowledge of local language(s) desirable
We offer a competitive net salary at National Officer (NOB) level commensurate to level of experience.
The post carries the standard set of United Nations benefits and entitlements for local positions in the UN Common System, including participation in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund, and the possibility of participation in a health insurance programme.
How to Apply
How to Apply for United Nations University Job Recruitment
To apply for the United Nations University Recruitment 2019. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest United Nations University Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations University Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for United Nations University Jobs 2019 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for United Nations University Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent United Nations University Recruitment 2019 openings across Ghana.|
|United Nations University Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|United Nations University Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes United Nations University Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. United Nations University may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the United Nations University Job Recruitment 2019. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.