Tullow Recruitment 2019 for Trainee Mooring Master
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Tullow Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Tullow Recruitment 2019
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily focused on Africa and South America with a portfolio of 90 licences across 16 countries.
Since 2006, Tullow has had interests in two licences in offshore Ghana. In 2008, Tullow was appointed as the Jubilee Field Operator and, working with its joint venture partners and the Government of Ghana, went on to achieve first oil in November 2010. The Jubilee field has become Tullow’s key asset generating significant high-margin oil production. Tullow’s second major discovery and subsequent development in Ghana is the TEN fields where first oil was successfully achieved on time and on budget in August 2016.
There are further exploration opportunities for Tullow Ghana Limited(TGL) including expanding Jubilee to include outlying deep-water reserves. More information can be found here: Ghana BU
The Trainee Mooring Master role is a training and development role, of which, the incumbent will be trained with core competencies to take up the role as a Mooring Master who carries out duties and responsibilities contained within the TEN and Jubilee Terminal Manuals.
Tullow Ghana Limited (TGL) is seeking to hire a Trainee Mooring Master to be initially trained as an “Assistant Mooring Master and upon satisfactory demonstration of competence will be appointed as Mooring Master. The mooring master after the appointment will work closely with TGL Offtake Coordinator’s to ensure that operations are carried out in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner including:
- Acting as Operations Marine Team Lead’s (OMTL) Technical Authority for matters relating to marine activities.
- Providing to OMTL maintained records of cargo hose inspections prior to use.
- Ensuring all equipment on the FPSOs required for carrying out export operations is functional from an operational perspective in the operating environment.
- Liaising with marine support vessels with regards to upcoming berthing / export operations and or maintenance required on export equipment
- Working with the Marine/Services Superintendent to ensure cargo quantity and quality are in specification for Offtake operations.
- Working closely with the Offshore Security Advisor to ensure assets in place for the security of the Jubilee and TEN Terminal including correct assets for Oil Spill response during Offtake Operations.
- Assisting OMTL in the specification, inspection and selection of the support vessels required for carrying out export operations and that these vessels are also capable of bringing a broader capability to the overall fleet model selected for the Jubilee and TEN Terminals.
- Liaising with OMTL, Onshore TGL and MODEC Logistics Support Base’s to ensure that Jubilee, TEN Terminal is supported in a timely manner with normal and time critical stores and equipment.
- Assisting OOMTL and TGL Marine Superintendent to ensure that audits and safety inspections are carried out in accordance with the approved Tullow Marine Operations Procedure.
You will ideally be a Mooring Master by having conducted Tandem Mooring operations on similar facilities with at least 15 demonstrable successful operations or a Master Mariner with experience in loading, discharging of Oil or related cargoes. You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A Senior Pilot with STCW, COC Master Mariner with strong ship handling skills and has undertaken the berthing of vessels of greater than 200m both alongside quays and docks and STS operations.
- A Ghanaian Tanker Master or Chief Officer with Unlimited STCW COC or Possession of GMDSS and Dangerous Cargo Endorsement or Tanker Safety (Oil)
- Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills – Both written and Oral
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent analytical skills
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
- A performance-driven culture that generates results
- A commitment to your personal and professional development
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities
- Recognition and reward for your performance
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Application deadline: April 4, 2019