Tanzania: University of Manchester Full-time Masters Scholarships for Tanzania Students 2019/2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Tanzania: University of Manchester Full-time Masters Scholarships for Tanzania Students 2019/2020… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Tanzania: University of Manchester Full-time Masters Scholarships 2019/2020
The University of Manchester offers scholarships for selected master’s courses to applicants from Tanzania for the year 2019/2020.
- Number of Awardees: Not specified
- Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international airfares and living expenses
- Duration of Scholarship: Duration of candidate’s chosen course
- Type: Masters
- Offered annually? Yes
- Award Provider: University of Manchester
- Eligible Countries: Tanzania
- To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: We offer two types of scholarship:
- One-year, full-time, on-campus master’s
- Part-time distance learning master’s (three to five years’ duration)
There are 27 scholarships (17 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) available to students from Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Uganda. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international airfares, living expenses and visas.
Eligibility: Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- have at least two years’ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- be a resident citizen of Tanzania and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Tanzania;
- have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
All applicants will need to demonstrate competency in the English language. In most cases you will need one of the following, as a minimum, to satisfy the general English Language criteria and go through to the final selection round.
- English grade of C in CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education)
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- IBT TOEFL: overall score of at least 90, with no sub-test below 22
Have a look at the full list of available courses above to check the specific requirements.
Application Form – How to Apply: Before you start your scholarship application we require:
- Two up to date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They do not need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.
Application Deadline: 9th September 2018.
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Tanzania: University of Manchester Full-time Masters Scholarships for Tanzania Students 2019/2020 for more information.