Takoradi Technical University Recruitment 2019 for Vice Chancellor
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Takoradi Technical University Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Takoradi Technical University Recruitment 2019
Takoradi Technical University is located in Takoradi in the Western Region of Ghana with digital address system WS-200-1787(Main Campus). The University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University in September 2016 by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University has been mandated by the Technical
Universities Act, (Act 922), to provide higher education in engineering, science, and technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational education and training, applied arts and related disciplines. The University has three (3) campuses: Effia-Kuma (Takoradi – Main Campus), Butumagyebu (Sekondi) and Akatakyi (Agona-Nkwanta).
Vision Statement: To be the most preferred engineering and applied sciences University devoted to excellence in teaching and applied industrial research to produce competent world- class human resource for the strategic development of industry in order to achieve an enhanced national and global development.
Mission Statement: Takoradi Technical University is dedicated to advanced instructional delivery in engineering and applied sciences and also creative arts, business and technology-based research disciplines in strong collaboration with industry through competency-based teaching approaches.
The Governing Council of Takoradi Technical University announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public the executive search for qualified and enterprising persons for the underlisted position.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Executive Head of the University and is responsible, under the Council of the University for both the Academic and Administrative functions of the University. He is charged with the promotion of quality higher education and the provision of academic and administrative leadership. He is also responsible for initiating new directions in the academic development of the University and for implementing the University’s Strategic Plan. The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the University and exercises general disciplinary functions over both members of staff and students subject to the Statutes and Regulations of the University. The Vice-Chancellor, subject to the approval of the
Governing Council, shall have the power to delegate any of the functions assigned by the Statutes to Senior Members of the University as deemed appropriate.
Terms of Appointment
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application for a further term of four (4) years or part thereof only if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar, with a minimum academic qualification of PhD or its equivalent in Engineering, Applied Arts, Science and Technology; and must be of professorial status in a university or of a comparable grade in a similar institution, organisation or industry.
- Must have good character and high degree of personal integrity and must be a distinguished scholar with the relevant industrial and professional experience.
- Must possess fundraising skills.
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the university for a common purpose.
- Must have rich administrative experience with a proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff.
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organisational skills.
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
- Must have a good understanding of the challenges facing Takoradi Technical University in particular and tertiary education in Ghana in general.
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment.
- Must be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send seven (7) copies of their application package including the following:
- Curriculum Vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials, work experience and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant.
- A short statement of not more than four pages Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision for Takoradi Technical University and strategies for implementation.
Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope tv the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted via courier services to the address below (as applicable) not later than TUESDAY. APRIL 30, 2019 The Chairman Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor c/o Office of the Registrar Takoradi Technical University P. O. Box 256 Takoradi Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.