Subsea7 Recruitment 2019 for Business Development Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Subsea7 Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Subsea7 Recruitment 2019
The function will be to operate as Business Development Manager on dedicated geographic area or on specific prospect in Africa Region, which includes Africa, Mediterranean, Caspian Sea and Black Sea Region.
Reporting operationally & hierarchically to the Africa BD & Pursuit Manager, the Africa BD Manager (BDM) is responsible for developing business opportunities in Africa and implementing pursuit strategies for target prospects.
The role will involve regular travelling to Africa, Europe and other locations (approximately 25 – 50% travel).
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
Account Management & Business Development
The BDM will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a zippered network of client relationships in designated African countries and any other location that the client has a presence.
The BDM will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Region Account plans and for supporting Global Account Directors (GADs) and Client Account Managers (CAMs) in the development and maintenance of Global and Client Account Plans.
The Africa BD & Pursuit Manager will allocate specific prospects to the BDM. For each such prospect, the BDM will liaise with the relevant internal and external contacts to gather and analyse Business Intelligence relevant to the prospect.
The BDM will initiate a pursuit plan for the allocated prospect(s) and will develop an initial pursuit strategy.
The BDM will identify information gaps and form and monitor pursuit actions to fill the information gaps.
- Working with a Pursuit Manager (if appointed) the BDM will support the further development of the pursuit plan that will include:
Key facts and figures about the opportunity including potential workscope
- Pursuit Team
List of people and positions that comprise the pursuit team
- Market & Client Context
Placing the pursuit in a wider context
- Client Goal & Blue Sheet
Description of client goal and identification of buying process decision-makers and influencers (that may include client partners)
- Contact Plan
To manage Subsea 7 interaction with identified decision-makers and influencers
- Competitive Position Analysis
To assess and improve our competitive position
- Alternative Strategies and Scenarios
Where potential strategies can be proposed and evaluated
The BDM will validate such strategy developments with Region management and during Pursuit Strategy Board (PSB) reviews for qualifying opportunities.
The BDM will brief the Tender Lead on the agreed Pursuit Strategy and will contribute to the tender development and related activities in line with the strategy up to award, including partnership negotiations as applicable, client facing negotiations and client debriefs.
- Contribute to the formation and execution of Region Strategy
- Support GADs in the management of Global Accounts
- Support CAMs in the management of Client Accounts
- Form and manage Region Accounts
- Identify potential new prospects and enter details into 7CRM, ensuring the accuracy of entries thereafter
- Have overall responsibility for establishing initial pursuit plans and secondary responsibility for their regular upkeep throughout the life of the pursuit
- Support tender teams in the delivery of influencing actions
- Exercise stewardship of the tender pre-qualification phase
- Ensure pursuit strategies are reflected in tender submissions
- Attend client debriefs post-award and follow up on actions arising
- Ensure Sales & Marketing capitalises from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the tendering department
PROFILE – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Having a strategic mind-set
- Excellent understanding of Subsea 7 products, assets, technologies, capabilities and business model
- Knowledge of competitor products, assets, technologies, capabilities and market strategies
- Team player
- Strong communication, presenting, listening, and negotiation skills
- Being able to travel on a regular basis to Europe and Africa.