Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2019 for Specialist, Employee Relations and Conduct
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2019
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Summary of role responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Shaping country behaviours and culture through protecting the Bank against employee –related risk by
- ensuring relationship between the Bank and its employees are managed appropriately within established framework; providing leadership in ER, FA and Conduct; management of external stakeholders and to provide guidance and consultancy services to all internal stakeholders.
Prescribed Responsibilities delegated to this role:
Execution of regional ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct agenda in line with Group strategy
Supporting the strategy in alignment with the global and Africa team strategy, regional business needs and the HR scorecard
Accountable for ensuring that all ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct products are delivered effectively across the business and functions in line with Group policies and local laws
Provide strategic support in all business reorganisation initiatives i.e.-redundancy etc
Effective Management of employee representatives-Unions, work councils etc) in Wage and CBA negotiations
Actively reduce the cost and reliance on external legal counsel by providing in-house subject matter expertise.
Provide suitable insights into employee engagements levels to Head of Employee Relations -West Africa
Support the regional execution of a performance –driven culture
Country ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct product lead
Provide thought leadership in Employee Relations policies, practices and processes in country and other markets such as CDI, Cameroun and The Gambia.
Accountable for the effective management of all disciplinary and grievance processes end to end for Ghana and provide support to other markets such as CDI, Cameroun and The Gambia.
Support the execution of the Bank’s Conduct agenda
Translation of country legislation and regulation into pragmatic actions for country /regional teams
Build external networks and remain up to date with legislative change and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field
Collaborate with HR legal for advice and decision
Defining and managing employee-related risk across the region
Identify, assess, and monitor country ER process risks in line with overall operational risk management framework
Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks.
Undertake current local employment and discrimination law in local and international jurisdiction, together with employee trends to anticipate and minimise employee related risks.
Have oversight and management of any relevant Group Policy and process dispensations for Ghana and cover other markets such as Sierra Leone, CDI, Cameroun; and The Gambia.
Collaborate with Cluster Head of Employee Relations West Africa in the management of the resolution of highly sensitive/complex disciplinary and grievance cases in Ghana, Sierra Leone and or CDI, Cameroun; and The Gambia and any part of the region that creates significant risk to the Bank.
Education and Training of HRBP’s and Line Managers
- Proactively update Country Head of HR and Cluster Head of Employee Relations on employment legislative changes and developments
- Work closely with Cluster Head of Employee Relations to develop products, policies and processes to up-skill line Managers in effectively dealing with ER matters.
- Ensuring compliance with ER policies and processes in respect of Disciplinary Management; Grievance Management; and Performance Improvement Plans.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- (This is mandatory standard wording, do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Sierra Leone to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Managing Union-Management relationship in a constructive manner
- Respond to queries raised by the Courts and other fora regarding writs and petitions filed against the Bank.
- Give strategic guidance to Country Head of HR in delivery of human resource activities with ER flavour.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Sierra Leone and in line with Group policies and local laws.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
ER Specialist with Legal Background or a Qualified Employment Lawyer with a minimum of 10 years work experience
Experience in managing employee representative bodies e.g. Unions, works councils
Fluent in both written and spoken French and English
An appreciation of the local legislation and regulatory landscape
Strong networker and organisational influencer
Role model and champion the Bank’s valued behaviours
Strong collaborative skills
Professional legal background
Good mixture of both ER specialist and HR Business Partner experience
Experience of designing and delivering OD interventions
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: