Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Recruitment 2019 for Application Engineer – Protection
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Recruitment 2019
SEL seeks a experienced Application Engineer – Protection to provide technical support to customers in West Africa from our Ghana office! The ideal candidate will have relay application knowledge and experience for transmission and distribution systems. If you are looking for an opportunity to work directly with customers to collaborate and solve real world power system protection and control problems, train customers on SEL products, and become recognized as an industry expert in a fast-growing global company, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop expertise in power system protection, and all related SEL products.
2. Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, email, and telephone contact.
3. Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
4. Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
5. Teach in customer on-site and online visits, SEL University courses, and hands-on seminars for customers and SEL personnel.
6. Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
7. Model, teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
Five or more years’ experience in power systems, industry practices, and protection and control
Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
Ability to direct daily work activities with limited supervision
Willingness to travel
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Proficient in English
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
M.S. in Electrical Engineering or advanced application experience in focus area*
Published application guides and technical paper at industry conference or in journal
Experience using SEL products
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.