Rwanda: University of Manchester Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for Rwandan Students 2019/2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Rwanda: University of Manchester Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for Rwandan Students 2019/2020… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Rwanda: University of Manchester Fully-funded Masters Scholarships 2019/2020
The University of Manchester offers up to four scholarships for selected master’s courses to applicants from Rwanda every year.
- Type: Masters
- Award Provider: The University of Manchester
- Offered annually? Yes
- Number of Awardees: 4
- Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses
- Duration of Scholarship: Duration of candidate’s course
- Eligible Countries: Rwanda
- To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: We offer two types of scholarship:
- One-year, full-time, on-campus master’s
- Part-time distance learning master’s (three to five years’ duration)
There are 27 scholarships (17 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) available to students from Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international air fares, living expenses and visas.
Eligibility: Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- have at least two years’ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- be a resident citizen of Rwanda and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Rwanda;
- have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
Application Form – How to Apply: Before you start your scholarship application we require:
- Two up to date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They do not need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.
Important Notes: Note that there is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and our admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted for the course of your choice.
Application Deadline: 9th September 2018 at 5 pm GMT.
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Rwanda: University of Manchester Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for Rwandan Students 2019/2020 for more information.