Roche Recruitment 2019 for Policy and Governmental Affairs Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Ghana Stock Exchange Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Roche Recruitment 2019
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To ensure close collaboration with all relevant government and policy stakeholders as well as their influencers to ensure that a favorable environment for quality healthcare is created and sustained that also allows Roche business growth and sustainability.
- Drive internal and external stakeholders that allow bridging of access barriers in the business environment.
- To ensure thorough stakeholder understanding hence drive engagement with such stakeholders, in collaboration with other internal stakeholders, that leads to access gap closing, innovative and/or funding solutions for current Roche strategic and pipeline products.
- To support establishing Roche as the preferred healthcare partner for Government and related stakeholders especially in therapeutic areas of interest to Roche.
- To support the development and implementation of an integrated strategy for obtaining and maximizing market access and innovations for strategic medicines based on their value for patients and payers in line with company’s goals & objectives.
- To collaborate, coordinate and drive strategies that support sustainability of Roche business
- JOB OBJECTIVES
- Drive shaping the business environment in such manner that establishes value for innovation and assures sustainability of business.
- Manage stakeholder engagement within the public sector that ultimately leads to sustainable funding of Roche strategic products
- Ensure a keen understanding of the influencing factors for health policy decision-making, and draw relevant inferences that support strategic direction for the organization to improve business and sustainability of it.
- Proactively seek out opportunities that enable Roche to partner relevant government and other stakeholders that ensures patients have access to Roche innovator therapies and establishes sustainability.
- Support the development and implementation of Policy and Governmental Affairs strategic plans for the short, medium & long term.
- Partner with relevant department stakeholders and internal Lead stakeholder engagement within the private sector to enable prioritization of strategic disease areas and care for such to enable access to holistic diagnosis and treatment including Roche treatment options.
- To support the innovative funding solutions for Roche strategic products until such time when reimbursement is fully operational for such products.
- Identifying and mapping all relevant stakeholders and developing engagement plans for these and suitable messaging.
- Proactive tracking of implementation of engagement plans and driving them to desired outcomes
- Identifying and recommending the internal and/or external resources required for the timely take off completion of projects.
- Actively identifying and driving the pursuit of opportunities for access gap bridging including funding of Roche strategic products in the private and public sector
- Drive innovation that enables new solutions are adopted by key stakeholders.
- Provide reliable insights and inferences relevant for business planning and operations based on stakeholder and other source research
- To ensure a keen understanding of all relevant stakeholder needs and position Roche favorably to meet those to achieve a win-win relationship for stakeholder and Roche.
- Drive external collaborations that together with identified partners bridge access gaps
- Ensure that short-term alternative funding solutions that ensure access to Roche innovative therapies are available for patients
- Proactively partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Time bound project implementation and reporting
- Ensure the maintenance of discipline and adherence to internal processes and codes of conduct specific to the area of responsibility.
Education: Formal Qualifications
Education involves the acquisition of knowledge and skills through learning where subject matter is imparted systematically. Formal qualifications are obtained by studying at formal institutions e.g. universities, technikons, colleges, etc.
Level Of Education
- 4 year degree/3 year diploma – General Degree
Preference for relevant degree is scientific background
Attainments: Job related Work Experience
Experience is obtained through opportunities for exposure and practice at work. It includes all working experience that has some bearing on the job and is not restricted to the current organisation. Supervised on-the-job training, internships and learnerships are incorporated within this category.
- 3-4 years Pharmaceutical Industry
- Understanding of key elements of market access and policy and their influencers
- Experience of working independently and in a collaborative environment
- Experience in team leadership(desirable)
Job related Knowledge
Job-related knowledge is typically gained through formal or informal training programs (these exclude programs through which Formal Qualifications are attained). It includes knowledge of facts, data and information and understanding the rationale behind models, theories and principles.
- Project planning, initiation and organization
- Project execution and control
- Managing risks and making decisions
- Experience at working independently and in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated systems thinker and inference drawing from situations-predictive/forecast/anticipate change
Job Related Skills
Job-related skills are typically gained through formal or informal training programs (these exclude programs through which Formal Qualifications are attained). Skills refer to how to do things. They are demonstrated in the application of techniques and procedures.
- High ethical standards
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Leadership & people skills
- Resource planning
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Computer literacy and Presentation skills
- Achieving results
- Excellent stakeholder management