The Plan International Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. Plan International Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Plan International Jobs 2020, Plan International Career Portal, Requirements for Plan International Job Recruitment 2020.
Plan International Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 Plan International Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
Table of Contents
Plan International Recruitment Details:
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at Plan International. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Education Advisor
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crisis and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We employ more than 9,000 people in programme countries, working with over 85,000 communities. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for almost 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Education Advisor will be primarily responsible for the curriculum design and delivery and associated pedagogy and andragogy (support to teachers) for the Making Ghanaian Girls Great! (MGCubed) project implemented by Plan International Ghana. This will include for both the in-school remedial classes and bi-grade numeracy and literacy classes as well as the after school extra curricula clubs and teacher training content. The Education Advisor will work with the Project Manager and the Education Master Teacher Trainers to ensure the curricula is in line with Ghana Education Service curricula, Ghana Teacher Standards and all other relevant documentation, and addresses the different needs of pupils, teachers and communities. He/She
will also be responsible for the professional development of the Education Team and beneficiary teachers, quality assurance of content, project reporting and monitoring, in order to improve educational outcomes for beneficiary students, and teaching practices for beneficiary teachers. The Education Adviser works closely with the Project Manager and M&E Manager to interpret project data to ensure that key learnings are incorporated into education implementation and staff development processes.
MGCubed is a 4 year, DFID-funded Girls’ Education Challenge project supporting marginalised girls and children with disabilities in two regions of Ghana. MGCubed aims to address the challenges of teacher quality, teacher absenteeism, and poor learning environments through the provision of quality educational content in rural Ghanaian schools. Using solar-powered and satellite-enabled distance learning infrastructure to deliver interactive learning sessions to students, teachers, communities and government officials, MGCubed aims to improve learning outcomes for marginalised pupils, support pupils to transition successfully through school, and contribute to sustained improvements in the Ghanaian education system.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
Reports to the Director of Partnerships of Plan Ghana country office; provides technical supervision and direct project implementation support to Education teams of the Making Ghanaian Girls Great! (MGCubed) project with the ultimate objective of improving the technical quality.
You will have a passion for working for girls’ rights and/or improving education. You will work closely with community organisations, education stakeholders and Plan programme staff to
follow up on compliance and contractual commitments within the Project to ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation, particularly with the Community Engagement and Studio Teams. You will implement strategies and practices to support Teaching and Learning and Gender Equity and Social Inclusion and will systematically interpret data collected by the Project to ensure continuous learning and programmatic adjustments.
You will e nsure that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC ), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures. You have responsibility for ensuring safeguarding procedures or policies, including on adult Sexual Exploitation, Harassment and Abuse, are adhered to.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Develop the s cope and sequence for all courses broadcast by Plan International Ghana, in line with international best practices and GES/NTC etc. guidelines and requirements, including:
- Remedial Lliteracy and numeracy for basic, intermediate and advanced classes
- English and maths – Primary 3 to Primary 6
- After school clubs – Wonder Women (all female), Boy Boys (all male) and Mixed clubs
- Teacher training and continuous professional development and school leadership training for Headteachers
- Community training
- GES training;
- Support and supervise the development of schemes of work of the Master Teacher Trainers, working in collaboration with subject leads.
- Maintain a database of curricula used, scope and sequence, schemes of work, lesson plans and of other resources for teaching and learning;
- Development of activity-based, student centred pedagogy to deliver innovative content to project beneficiaries which is inclusive and gender-sensitive.
- Adapt and implement classroom methodology and pedagogical approaches to ensure Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) to help children, and especially girls, to solidify foundational reading and mathematics skills whilst strengthening the quality and capacity of classroom teachers and facilitators.
Quality assurance, professional development and training
- Lead on the adaptation and revision of the donor Teaching & Learning and Gender Equity and Social Inclusion Tools, working closely with the Project Manager and UKNO Programme Manager.
- Provide regular advice, feedback and reviews on the scopes of works produced by the Education Team;
- Lead on the regular review of selected lesson plans and Power Points to ensure consistency and quality in line with national standards and international best practice and based on project recommendations from technical monitoring visits and midline data;
- Conduct regular lesson observations of the project Education Team and of the in-school beneficiary teachers and facilitators with feedback for continuous improvement;
- Review of professional development needs of the Education Team and of the in-school beneficiary teachers and facilitators and provide appropriate training according to the need;
- Provide direct technical and project implementation support;
- Be compliant with contractual commitments with the MGCubed project and ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Identify ways to support teachers outside of a typical top-down teacher training approach. Consider and implement methods whereby more experienced teachers can support new teachers, such as mentorship circles, school clusters and peer learning.
- Embed sustainable approaches to teaching and learning which maximise longevity of project gains for future generations of children, teachers, headteachers and GES and MoE officials.
- Demonstrate awareness of quality standards and take steps to improve service delivery, including value for money.
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in education theory and practice and demonstrate knowledge relating to content development and teaching practices.
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from education implementation and incorporated in education implementation and staff development processes.
- Actively participate in monthly project review meetings with the Project Manager, M&E Manager, UKNO MEL Specialist and UKNO Programme Manager to ensure synergies in project implementation.
- Work with the M&E Manager, Project Manager and UKNO Programme Manager to coordinate and write monthly, quarterly and annual reports bringing together technical inputs, tools and interpreting data provided by the M&E Manager to reflect on implementation progress and impact.
- Support the Project Manager in decision-making and donor reporting by providing timely and relevant information.
- Design and review of termly assessments and termly assessment analysis;
- Review of curricula to address findings on the projects from internal and external data sources;
- Document lessons learnt for sharing both internally and externally;
- Termly reporting on pupil and teacher progress to Project Manager and MGCubed team;
- Work closely with the M&E Manager to ensure learning from the project is applied to support evidence-based programming and continuous improvement;
- Provide technical inputs for regular donor or internal reports as appropriate.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
- Experience of conducting in-depth analysis of current issues in education and ability to provide innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated skills in dealing with the complexity of working with international and local NGO partners.
- Proven ability to deal with comprehensive and demanding requirements of large institutional donors.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to minimise project risks including related to the safeguarding of children and adults.
- Track record of providing technical leadership and advice. Communications and Working Relationships:
- The position will work closely with the Director of Partnerships, Project Manager, M&E Manager and with the UKNO Programme Manager and MEL Specialist. .
- The project will collaborate with the Head of Programmes and Business Development Manager and other cross-cutting staff from Plan Ghana. Plan International UK MG3 Project Management teams (high level)
- External engagement will include with the Ministry of Education and Ghana Education Service (GES).
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required for the role:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in education or a teaching degree.
- Minimum of 5 years field experience with NGOs in Ghana
- Accreditation in school leadership and teacher training.
- Experience in distance learning and girls’ education development projects and familiarity with the girls’ education sector in Ghana.
How to Apply
How to Apply for Plan International Job Recruitment
To apply for the Plan International Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Plan International Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Plan International Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for Plan International Jobs 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for Plan International Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent Plan International Recruitment 2020 openings across Ghana.|
|Plan International Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|Plan International Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes Plan International Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. Plan International may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Plan International Job Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: