Plan International Recruitment 2019 for Gender Equality Specialist
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Plan International Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Plan International Recruitment 2019
Plan International Ghana is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of a Gender Equality Specialist.
• To lead, co-ordinate, facilitate and provide technical support in alignment with Plan International’s Gender Equality Policy and the project Gender Equality Strategy and to provide technical support to the project team, local partners and other stakeholders on mainstreaming gender equality in the implementation and management of the Strengthening Health Outcomes of Women and Children (SHOW) Project.
• The position is based in Tamale – Northern Region.
• The position reports to the Project Manager.
Include but not limited to the following:
• Supports the Project Manager and all other project team members to integrate gender equality in the design, management and monitoring of the SHOW project.
• Leads in the development and implementation of the project Gender Equality (GE) Strategy and annual work plans;
• Leads in developing all project audience specific trainings (project staff, partners, government and community stakeholders, health professionals, managers and frontline workers etc.), guidelines, resources and other collateral for the effective mainstreaming of GE in all activities;
• Recommends to the Project Manager gender related activities to be carried out under the SHOW project aligned with the project GE Strategy and annual plans
• Conducts community visits to monitor the promotion of gender equality in the SHOW project activities in the project districts to ensure quality supervision and monitoring leading to improvement in programme delivery and submits reports of such visits;
• Leads periodic reviews, including quarterly, semi-annual and annual SHOW reviews with a gender lens to identify success stories, gaps/challenges relating to gender equality promotion and areas of improvement;
• Provides gender-related inputs to the Project Manager for compilation of best practices and project outcomes as part of contractual reports;
• Ensures that project action plans and budget are gender sensitive and provides assistance to implement them to achieve SHOW project goals and expected results;
• Provides top quality analysis and integration of gender in all SHOW project documents, promotional materials and other strategic documents;
• Under the direction of the Project Manager, facilitates capacity building of partners; GHS, NGOs, CHVS, Mother Support Groups, VSL Groups, Daddies Clubs, religious and traditional leaders etc. on gender equality and power related dynamics of households, families and communities to ensure quality and timely delivery of the project activities relating to the empowerment of women and girls, male engagement and gender-responsive MNCH service delivery;
• Facilitates building of partnerships, networks, coalitions and alliances with other stakeholders in the area of gender equality particularly at the project level;
• Collaborates with other project teams in and outside Plan International Ghana to ensure effective integration of other ongoing sector programmes such as, Health, Water and Sanitation, Child Protection and Household Economic Security Programmes in SHOW project activities, where feasible;
• Ensures gender equality considerations are mainstreamed in the Child protection and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) activities, where applicable;
• Complies with Plan International’s Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses;
Qualification Required & Experience
• Post-graduate degree in Social Sciences or related field, background in Gender Studies or a related field will be an asset;
• At least 5 years experience in a similar position in an international organization similar to Plan International;
• Demonstrable experience and technical skills of developing and implementing gender transformative and gender integrated strategies and programmes;
• Ability to lead strategic planning, results based management and reporting;
• Demonstrable experience in advocacy, especially around gender related issues;
• A thorough understanding of the Convention of the Rights of the Child, Convention for the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and other human rights instruments;
• A thorough understanding of the various tools and techniques for mainstreaming gender in a project cycle including gender analysis, programming, monitoring and evaluation;
• Knowledgeable in the overall gender and related landscape of Ghana including key issues, policies, programmes and activities;
• Knowledgeable in the relationship between gender and MNCH issues.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing Date: 25 April, 2019 • All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. • Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. • Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. Plan International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equality and our recruitment procedure reflects this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.