Plan International Recruitment 2019 For Executive Secretary
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Plan International Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Plan International Recruitment 2019
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
The purpose of this position, is to:
• To provide administrative support to the Country Director and the management of the Country Director’s office, to provide support to Core Management Team, perform numerous duties, including scheduling, writing correspondence, emailing and handling visitors.
• Acts as first point of contact to the Country Director.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the Country Director and Core Management Team.
• Manages, coordinates and maintains the calendar of the Country Director including appointments and meetings.
• Organizes and attends meetings with the Country Director and makes sure the Country Director is well prepared for meetings.
• Coordinates, obtains input, draws up and distributes agenda and records minutes.
• Schedules meetings and arranges conference room
• Prepares confidential and sensitive documents
• Coordinates the Country Director’s office activities
• Takes and transcribes dictation
• Prepares and manages the Country Director’s office budget
• Handles all information requests to the Country Director’s office
• Arranges travel, ticketing, reservation and visas for the Country Director
• Devises and maintains office system, including data management and filing.
• Deals with incoming mails and correspondence on behalf of the Country Director
• Carries out background research and presents findings as assigned
• Collates and files expenses for the Country Director’s office
• Reads, analyzes and prepares reports and presentations
• The executive secretary would work with Core Management Team and other department Heads
Knowledge, skills and behaviours:
• Expert knowledge in office management and secretarial duties.
• Significant and strong understanding of managing a top executive office.
• Significant experience in and a strong understanding of the executive secretary processes, approaches, tools and organizational learning, that is up to date with best practices in the role.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrated the highest level of competency
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Good Communication skills (both written and spoken)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Good planning skills
• Develop and communicate clear messages from the Country Director’s office
• Strong collaboration skills, able to build cooperation and negotiate compromises.
• Good inter personal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff partners, stakeholders and the public.
• Proven experience of using Microsoft office package.
• Fluent in English. Working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
• Listens to and consults with others with genuine curiosity and interest to learn.
• Co-creates with diverse staff across the organisation.
• Inspire trust and support from others
• Promotes learning
• Takes responsibility for achieving significant results
• Able to build rapport with wide range of groups
• Demonstrably committed to Plan International’s goals and values: open & transparent; working well together; accountable and striving for lasting impact
• Committed to child safeguarding
• Build and maintain partnerships among in-country staff and regional colleagues
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Business management (Secretarial option) with three years’ experience or
• Advance Diploma in Professional Secretaryship from a recognized institution with five years’ experience.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 21 March, 2019
Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Plan International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equality and our recruitment procedure reflects this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.