PATH International Recruitment 2019 for M&E and Data Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the PATH International Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
PATH International Recruitment 2019
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is seeking M&E and Data Manager to provide technical direction for the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Access Accelerated (AA) funded Non Communicable Diseases (NCD) prevention and control program in Ghana. The project goal is to advance the Ghanaian NCD strategy through targeted, coordinated multi-sectoral action. The objective is to identify synergies in NCD program implementation across sectors and partners in-country, thereby maximizing effectiveness of limited resources to reduce Ghana’s NCD burden.
The M&E and Data Manager will provide technical leadership for the M&E portion of the AA funded NCD prevention and control program in Ghana. S/he will support the development of M&E framework, introduction of the NCD Global Assessment Framework (NGAF) and update national health information systems in country. The incumbent will manage the full data lifecycle for the project, including design, data collection, data visualization, analysis, and reporting. The M&E and Data manager will approach NCDs data gathering and multi-sectoral stakeholder engagement through the lens of health system strengthening and capacity-building, coordination, and long-term sustainability and resource mobilization. To ensure compliance with partner organization protocols and PATH’s organizational policies, s/he will also develop and maintain critical relationships with in-country stakeholders including officers of the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, donors, and implementing partners from private sector. The position also serves a liaison to PATH HQ’s M&E department to ensure timely and adequate support.
Our four-year vision is to transform the non-communicable disease (NCD) response by empowering stakeholders through information and data and technical guidance, thus strengthening health systems and increasing demand for prevention and care. This, in turn, will lead to increased access to high-quality, consistent NCD screening and care services, essential commodities, and prevention information, ultimately decreasing NCD-related morbidity and mortality.
- Lead the overall AA NCD project data lifecycle including data design, data collection, data preparation, and data visualization.
- Provide technical guidance on the development of M&E framework for NCD projects across PATH Ghana, data collection tool and process to ensure utility of user interface.
- Establish and oversee data cleaning and transformation as per standard data management practices at PATH.
- Lead data preparation activities to prepare data for analysis and reporting, establishing an automated process to hand over to stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to design and develop appropriate data visualization dashboards to share project related results.
- Establish a process to consolidate lessons learned and make suitable recommendations for future assessments.
- Other relevant tasks as requested by PATH leaders and Directors.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Statistics or relevant discipline required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience and demonstrated skills in monitoring and evaluation, data science, or data management for health and health-related programs.
- At least 3 years M&E experience with donor-funded projects.
- Experience in data definition and conceptual data modeling.
- Experience in master data management.
- Experience using data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Excel, etc.).
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, capacity to analyze data and track data quality over time.
- Ability to oversee data collection at various levels to ensure accuracy and clarity of data interpretations.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Knowledge of common patterns of data structures and ability to create appropriate data structures to support various data collection, data preparation, and data analysis scenarios.
- Aptitude in programming and experience using SQL.
- Knowledge of data quality practices and standard data quality indicators.
- Knowledge and experience of Ministry of Health information systems will be preferred.
- Ability to facilitate result-oriented discussions with stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Applicants considered for this position are to be Ghana nationals. This position is based in Accra. Candidates outside of Accra will be responsible for their relocation to Accra.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply