Open Africa Power 2019 for Young African Leaders – Call for applications
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Open Africa Power 2019 for Young African Leaders – Call for applications… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Open Africa Power 2019 for Young African Leaders
Enel Foundation announced today the launch of the Open Africa Power 2019 call for applications.
- Application Deadline: 26th November 2018
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Number of Awards: up to 60
- Type: Training
- To be taken at (country): Ethiopia, Italy
Programme Description: Open Africa Power is an education venture initiated by Enel Foundation in 2018 in partnership with top Academic institutions such as Strathmore University from Kenya, the University of Addis Ababa from Ethiopia, and Italian institutions such as the Politecnico di Torino, the Politecnico di Milano, Bocconi University and Florence School of Regulation.
The program aims to forge a new generation of African leaders deeply engaged with their countries clean energy future. After involving 29 selected candidates in the inaugural module of the first edition, Open Africa Power’s second edition, taking place in 2019, will engage up to 60 African students and alumni in a series of professional development and leadership activities, comprising residential training modules in Ethiopia and Italy in 2019.
Open Africa Power program is open to high-profile African graduates wishing to acquire an holistic knowhow of the electricity sector, enhancing the technical, regulatory and business skills required to work in the private and public sector towards the electrification of Africa. Precisely for this reason, from this year, candidates living abroad but wanting to relocate back to Africa will also be admitted.
The Open Africa Power selection process is an open, merit-based, competition. The application
period opens on October 25th, 2018, and closes on November 26th, 2018.
To be eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 24 and 35 by January, 2019;
- Be a citizen of an African country;
- Currently resident in an African country or planning to relocate in Africa within the end of 2019;
- Be eligible to travel to Italy in case of admission to the second module;
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Law or Business from an African University;
- Have an admission letter to or being a student of a PhD MSc, LLM, MPP or MBA degree from an African University;
- Have a demonstrated interest in the electricity sector in the African Continent;
- Be fully proficient in English.
Value of Award: Open Africa Power’s second edition, taking place in 2019, will engage up to 60 African students and alumni in a series of professional development and leadership activities, comprising residential training modules in Ethiopia and Italy in 2019.
Duration of Programme:- See Programme Description above.
Application form – How to Apply:
Applications must be sent to email@example.com. Applicants should send in the
- A copy of their CV;
- Copy of their BSc or MSc, MBA, MPP, LLM academic records/transcript;
- A copy of their Passport;
- A motivation letter;
- Three references from industry, academia and/or civil servant representatives.
Inquiries regarding the program must also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Open Africa Power 2019 for Young African Leaders – Call for applications for more information.