NYU Abu Dhabi Humanities Research Fellowship Programme for International Researchers 2019/2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for NYU Abu Dhabi Humanities Research Fellowship Programme for International Researchers 2019/2020…Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
NYU Abu Dhabi Humanities Research Fellowship Programme 2019/2020
NYUAD is annually inviting applications from distinguished senior scholars as well as from promising junior scholars for residential fellowships at NYUAD’s Institute.
- Number of Awards: The Institute hosts up to two senior fellows and up to four junior fellows.
- Eligible Countries: International
- Type: Research, PhD
- To be taken at (country): UAE
Programme Description: While open to scholars working in all areas of the Humanities, the program aims in particular to build a center of outstanding research capacity in areas of the Humanities that are relevant for the study of the Arabic world, its rich intellectual, religious, and scientific history, its cultural and artistic heritage as expressed in traditional and new media, and its interaction with other cultures in the past and present.
Scholars of Arabic culture and history will find it enriching to work alongside fellows who conduct research in related and adjacent fields. Scholarship furthered by this program is closely connected to the research profile of NYUAD’s faculty in the Arts and Humanities; its Liberal Arts curriculum, with concentrations on History, Literature, Philosophy, the Arab Crossroads program, and Museum Studies; related departments and research centers at NYU New York; and NYUAD’s outreach program in the UAE.
- Eligible candidates for the senior fellowships have an outstanding scholarly accomplishment, including an internationally recognized publication record.
- Mid-career scholars with strong publication records and exceptional scholarly promise may be considered in this category.
- Eligible candidates for the junior fellowships, which are intended especially for young scholars who wish to turn their doctoral dissertations into book manuscripts publishable with major academic presses, have received their PhD within the previous five years and have a strong record of scholarly accomplishment.
- All research fellowships will be offered to scholars who demonstrate interest in playing an active role in the intellectual community of NYUAD, in particular by exchanging ideas with other Institute fellows and with NYU faculty and students.
- The fellowships are open to scholars of all backgrounds and nationalities.
Value of Award: For the period of their fellowships, scholars are offered work/office space at the Institute, full use of NYUAD’s library facilities (which are substantial, closely connected as they are to NYU’s Main Library in New York), administrative support, housing at NYUAD’s campus on Saadiyat Island, a fellowship stipend commensurate with experience, a personal research allowance, an opportunity to host a small workshop funded by the Research Institute, support for travel to and from Abu Dhabi. Fellowship recipients are responsible for conforming to tax requirements of their home countries.
Application Form – How to Apply:
Please submit your application.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of NYU Abu Dhabi Humanities Research Fellowship Programme for International Researchers 2019/2020 for more information.