Newmont Mining Corporation Ghana Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. Newmont Mining Corporation Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Newmont Mining Corporation Jobs 2020, Newmont Mining Corporation Career Portal, Requirements for Newmont Mining Corporation Job Recruitment 2020.
Newmont Mining Corporation Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 Newmont Mining Corporation Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
Table of Contents
Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment Details:
|Organization||Newmont Mining Corporation|
|Deadline||25th April, 2020|
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at Newmont Mining Corporation. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Regional Exploration Director
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To lead and direct the Ghana exploration region with the goal of adding significant value to Newmont and creating a strategic competitive advantage.
- To set the exploration strategy for the Ghana region to deliver optimal business results by identifying, discovering or acquiring new deposits (primarily gold) within the Ghana region in support of the Newmont’s discovery and reserve replacement programs worldwide.
- To partner with the Regional Group Executive, Exploration to formulate and execute the Africa Operations’ business strategy and objectives in order to achieve growth targets.
- To provide strategic direction and leadership to the Exploration department to ensure the implementation of the department’s strategy, policies and procedures to guarantee optimised exploration performance in line with strategic and operational business goals; by delivering value adding exploration services, advice and coaching to the respective business functions.
- Establish and promote a pro-active Health and Safety (H&S) program within the Exploration department to ensure Newmont and African Region HSLP protocols are known, practiced and adhered to, targeting zero harm and measured by the total recordable injury frequency rate.
- Represent the Company’s interests in partner operations at the exploration stage.
- Play an active role in achieving the Ghana Region’s annual production, earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), saving and improvement targets and objectives.
- Advance Akyem, Ahafo South and Ahafo North projects through their relative Stage Gate processes to ongoing production with an additional goal to re-initiate generative and early-stage exploration within the Ghana Region.
- Develop the Ghana’s Exploration strategy and confirm that is aligned with Newmont’s major strategic objectives as well as the Africa Region’s strategy, business plans and objectives, for a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Identify, evaluate, propose and execute new business opportunities in conjunction with the Exploration Business Development group and conduct negotiations where required.
- Work with Study Directors and take accountability for Stage 0 (Idea Discovery) studies leading to new resource declaration and thereafter support with studies progression through Stage 1 (Scoping) and 2 (Build the Business Case).
- Lead projects from early exploration tier work all the way through the Stage 3 (Development) of project development pipeline.
- Assess prospective acquisition or development properties within area of responsibility.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Science degree in Geology or related Earth Science discipline. Master’s degree desirable plus registration with an appropriate professional bosy/ association.
- Substantial knowledge of:
- Gold mining or broader hard rock mining operations with expert knowledge in all license applications and legal aspects related to exploration.
- Health and safety, sustainability, external stakeholder relations, including community relations in the mining industry.
- Preparing, editing and reviewing authority for expenditures (AFE) justifications, including planning, budgeting, executing and managing large, multi-mine development programs and associated staff.
- Resource modelling techniques and “Idea-to-Launch Model” investment systems, e.g. Stage-Gate with particular skill acuity at the stage 0 to 2(B) levels.
- All phases of exploration and of various geological terrains and mineralisation styles.
- At least 15 years of exploration experience in a mining environment, in roles that required increasing levels of responsibilities related to exploration in both greenfields and brownfields settings plus experience in mine production and development support roles.
- Substantial knowledge of leading and managing an exploration teams.
- Demonstrated successes in working collaboratively in multi-cultural teams in expatriate settings. Work in developing countries, specifically in West Africa preferred.
- Extensive travel to mine or exploration sites is required, monthly to Ahafo or Akyem, quarterly to Ethiopia (or other Africa-Europe Region sites) and six times a year to US or Canada.
- Extended and unpredictable hours is the norm.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 25th April, 2020
2. Job Title: Underground Tool Store Technician
To provide an efficient tool and equipment management service for the underground maintenance team, to ensure all tools and equipment are maintained in a safe and fit for purpose condition. To manage the repair and replacement of faulty and defective tools and equipment and to ensure that all consumables are replenished in a timely manner.
Ensure that waste generated by Subika Underground maintenance in and around the workshop is segregated and disposed of as required.
To oversee the safe operation of the lifting equipment and tool stores and ensure they are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Be responsible for daily issuing of tools, portable machines and equipment.
- Manage and arrange tools and equipment in the tool store and lifting equipment store.
- Follow up on the return of all items checked out from the lifting equipment and tool store.
- Ensure all defective and faulty tools and equipment are tagged.
- Repair or arrange to have repaired damaged or worn tools, discard tools that are not feasible to repair and report to supervisor.
Audits and checks
- Check and ensure that periodic inspection and tagging of all tools and equipment is carried out as required.
- Assist with the audit of tools issued to tradesman.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on damaged, broken and missing tools
- Be responsible to provide other reports as directed.
- A minimum of technical and vocational Trade Certificate
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in mechanical engineering field or heavy industry
- Ability to identify tools
- Must be computer literate
- Have good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and strong, dedicated work ethics.
- Knowledge of ISO procedures – relevant to department
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Safety Conscious
- Detail Focused
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be required to work in confined spaces.
- Work environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment machinery and equipment.
- Protective equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 25th April, 2020
How to Apply for Newmont Mining Corporation Job Recruitment
To apply for the Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Newmont Mining Corporation Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for Newmont Mining Corporation Jobs 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2020 openings across Ghana.|
|Newmont Mining Corporation Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|Newmont Mining Corporation Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes Newmont Mining Corporation Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. Newmont Mining Corporation may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Newmont Mining Corporation Job Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.