The National Teaching Council, NTC Examinations Registration Procedures for 2020/2021 Prospective Teachers has been released. NTC professional examinations 2020/2021 registration guidelines are available on this page.
|Institution||National Teaching Council (NTC)|
|Programme||Licensure Examination for Teachers|
|Registration Starts||September 2, 2020|
|Examination Date||September 24 to 26,2020.|
The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 to improve the professional standing and status of teachers and to license and register teachers in Ghana. The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional license; and also attract excellent young graduates from the universities and Colleges of Education who have the required professional knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Registration for the September exams will begin from September 2, 2020.
New applicants for the examination are expected to pay GHS220 and those re-sitting are expected to pay GHS220 for three papers, and GHS100 for a paper.
Eligibility for Licensure Examination
- All teachers who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) and are desirous of seeking employment with the Ghana Education Service but could not register for the maiden Licensure Examination in September 2018 are required to apply to write the examination.
- All teachers who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination in 2020 but failed in one, two or all three papers are expected to register to re-sit the paper/papers in which they failed.
- Candidates are expected to select from the list provided below, the WAEC regional centres they prefer to write the examination;
- Northern Regions – Tamale
- Brong Ahafo Region – Sunyani
- Ashanti Region – Kumasi
- Central Region – Cape Coast
- Greater Accra Region – Accra/ Tema
- Western Region – Takoradi
- Volta Region – Ho
- In the case of the Upper West Region, the Centre is NJ Ahmadiyya College of Education. For Eastern Region, the Centre is SDA College of Education.
- Prospective candidates are to apply as follows:
- Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ220.00 to register for the examination
- Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHȻ100.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper
- All candidates must pay to any GCB Bank Ltd Branch nationwide
- Take PIN and Serial Number from GCB Bank Ltd.
- Log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Click on Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) link
- Enter your e-voucher Serial No. and Pin
- Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your Passport-size photograph
- Review the information provided and submit
- Print summary of the inputs made.
Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secure after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination.
Date of Examination: September 24 to 26,2020.
National Teaching Council
See more Post about: