MIASA/Network Point Sud 2019 Summer School on Intra-Regional Migration in Africa (Fully-funded to Accra, Ghana)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for MIASA/Network Point Sud 2019 Summer School on Intra-Regional Migration in Africa (Fully-funded to Accra, Ghana)… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
MIASA/Network Point Sud 2019
To contribute to the remediation of Intra-Regional Migration imbalance, the newly established Merian Institute of Advanced Studies (MIASA) at the University of Ghana in Accra and the network Point Sud will organize a Summer School to bring together a group of young researchers (PhD-students and post-docs) and senior scholars from various disciplines who are working on different aspects of intra-regional migration in Africa.
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Type: PhD, Postdoctorate, ShortCourse
- To be taken at (country): University of Ghana; Legon, Accra
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Value of Award: The entire cost for each participant (travel, accommodation, meals, etc.) will be covered by MIASA.
About the Award: The objective of the summer school is twofold. Firstly, it aims to confront different disciplinary approaches in order to stimulate a fruitful dialogue about theories, methods and fields of investigation related to the subject. Secondly, the summer school seeks to shift away from the over-emphasis on current dominant perspectives on migration in Africa.
Following a comparative perspective, this interdisciplinary dialogue will permit to discern the commonalities and specificities with regard to different forms and dimensions of the intra-regional migration in Africa. The summer school does not have an ambition to cover every dimension of African migration.
Award Providers: The Summer School is financed by the Merian Institute for Advanced Studies (MIASA) and organized in collaboration with the network Program Point Sud, the Centre for Migration Studies at the University of Ghana in Accra and the Goethe University Frankfurt/Main in Germany.
- The call is open for doctoral and postdoctoral students doing research on one of the axis mentioned above.
- Post-doctoral candidates should have defended their thesis no longer than five years ago.
- Doctoral students should be in an advanced stage of their project and should be able to present first results of their research.
- Candidates should relate their application to one of the axes mentioned above.
- Candidates should have good skills in English and/or French language.
Duration of Programme: The summer school will take place from the 23rd to 28th May 2019 at the Centre for Migration Studies in Accra/Ghana.
Application Form – How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to send an abstract of their research (500 words maximum), a CV with current academic affiliation and a letter of motivation.
- Please send your application via email by 4th February 2019 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
- Application Deadline: 4th February 2019
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of MIASA/Network Point Sud 2019 Summer School on Intra-Regional Migration in Africa (Fully-funded to Accra, Ghana) for more information