Machel-Mandela Fellowship Program 2019 for Study in South Africa
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Machel-Mandela Fellowship Program 2019… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Machel-Mandela Fellowship Program 2019
The Brenthurst Foundation is inviting applications from young graduates for the Machel-Mandela Fellows Programme, named in honour of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel.
- Offered annually? Yes
- Award Provider: The Brenthurst Foundation
- Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa or abroad
- Type: Fellowship
- To be taken at (country): Johannesburg, South Africa
- Eligible Field of Study: None
Programme Description: The Machel-Mandela Fellows programme aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in Africa. It helps sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation’s focus on Africa’s burgeoning youth population and helps nurture Africa’s future leaders.
The Fellowship runs full-time for a minimum of six months and is open to both South African and international candidates, with the selected candidate expected to take up the appointment at the Foundation’s headquarters in Johannesburg in April 2019. Fellows will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
- Under 30 years of age
- Undergraduate or Masters degree with track record of academic excellence
- Excellent English communication skills required, with copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- Enthusiastic and reliable self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- A passion for Africa and keen interest in strengthening Africa’s economic performance
- Familiarity with the work of The Brenthurst Foundation
Value of Scholarship: An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided. Other work-related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
Duration of Scholarship: The programme will be available full-time for a minimum of six months and the selected candidate will be expected to take up the appointment in January 2019.
Application Form – How to Apply: Please address your application to Ms. Leila Jack at email@example.com, quoting ‘Application: Machel-Mandela Fellow’ in the subject line.
You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with references
- A covering letter of no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and relevant skills
- A writing sample, for example an essay or a published article of any length.
- The earliest date you would be able to start
- Details of where you saw the post advertised.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Machel-Mandela Fellowship Program 2019 for Study in South Africa for more information.