Lincoln Community School Recruitment 2019 for Procurement Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Lincoln Community School Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Lincoln Community School Recruitment 2019
Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a population of 760 students from over 66 different nationalities.
Scope of Responsibilities
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible for providing day to day administrative support to the Procurement Officer as required and ensure the stock room is kept tidy and orderly.
- The Assistant is expected to deliver friendly, courteous and efficient customer care services in the courses of their duties.
- Responsible for receiving and inspecting all incoming goods ordered through the procurement department.
- Responsible for carrying out reconciliation of goods received through procurement orders; ensuring that the accurate quantities, quality and correct specifications are received as per the purchasing order.
- Manage inventory system to capture all procurement stock.
- Carry out stock taking exercises and provide regular reports on availability of stock.
- Make requisition for purchase of inventory needs.
- Process stationery orders from staff and deliver ordered goods to staff where necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of property for auction and assists in keeping a record of sold goods.
- Maintain an orderly filing system of all procurement documents.
- Assist procurement officer with receiving, checking and distributing overseas orders.
- Provide weekly stock reports to procurement officer.
- Assist procurement officer in general procurement duties and deputize in the absence of procurement officer.
- Any other duties assigned by the procurement officer in tandem with accepted procurement practices at LCS.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or equivalent in any field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience and demonstrated success in a procurement role or similar administrative role
- Experience of managing an inventory database
- Experience of providing front line services to customers
- Proven experience of creating and or using electronic / manual filing systems (google drive preferred)
- Proven Exceptional inter-personal skills; ability to work collaboratively with staff and suppliers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent technological skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures including methods of proper storage and inventory procedures.
- Ability to lift heavy loads (boxes) and use a delivery trolley.
How to Apply
The compensation package for the position is competitive; salary will depend on relevant experience and qualifications. If you have proven a proven track record of achievement in a public relations role and you are interested in the opportunity to work in an international environment where you will be challenged and developed professionally then please visit our website: http://www.lincoln.edu.gh/adminvacancies to view the full job description. Interested applicants should submit the following documents email@example.com.
- A cover letter highlighting experience relevant to the role
- An up to date resume
The closing date for the position is 10th May 2019. Please note that the school will only contact short listed candidates