Lancaster University Ghana Recruitment 2019 for Network & Systems Administrator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Lancaster University Ghana Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Lancaster University Ghana Recruitment 2019
We are a dynamic, ambitious and growing university community. We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to developing:
- An excellent student academic and social experience;
- Students’ employability and enterprise skills;
- World-class academic staff, with strong links with industry;
- Research activities in collaboration with other higher education institutions in Ghana and elsewhere.
Transnational Academic Group Ghana Limited / Lancaster University Ghana is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a passion and commitment to excellence to fill the position of Network & Systems Administrator.
- We offer exciting opportunity to work for a leading global education services provider; as well as a friendly International working environment;
- We are committed to developing an excellent student academic and social experience, students’ employability and enterprise skills;
- We offer competitive salary.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities: Network and System Administrator
- Maintain campus IT systems and network infrastructure;
- Maintain VMs, Windows Servers, Networking switches, VPN, VLAN, Cyberoam, and Cisco firewall;
- Maintain a standardized OS image and configuration of software patches, operating systems, and drivers;
- Maintain and implement antivirus systems across the campus network;
- Recommend and report on hardware and software upgrade requirements from time to time;
- Ensure daily/weekly backups of all critical server and network configuration;
- Ensure network drives are maintained and managed the user storage quota;
- Maintain user PCs including installing additional hardware as required and approved;
- Provide desktop and printing support to all users;
- Maintain IT inventory including regularly scheduled checks;
- Liaise with for hardware and software maintenance of PCs and its peripherals;
- Monitor and troubleshoot network issues and performance;
- Maintain the IT & Networking equipment on the campus
Required Skills or Experience
|Required Academic Qualifications and Competencies||Essential/Desirable||* CV/Supporting Statements/Interview|
|First degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science or related areas||Essential||CV|
|Professional Certification in Information Technology||desirable||CV|
|Good knowledge of LANs and WANs including Windows servers, Active Directory, Cisco Networking, and VMWare||Essential||CV/Supporting Statements/Interview|
|Experience in the physical installation, monitoring, maintenance of clients machines, servers and networking equipment’s etc.||Essential||CV/Supporting Statements/Interview|
|CCNA, CCNP,MCSE & MCP etc.||Essential||CV/Interview|
|Excellent customer service, and interpersonal skills||Essential||Interview|
|Excellent presentation, written and oral communication and negotiation skills||Essential||Interview|
|Ability to plan and organise own work, and work to deadlines||Essential||Interview|
- Curriculum Vitae: Applicants to submit curriculum vitae. Normally used to evaluate factual evidence e.g. award of a qualification. Will be “scored” as part of the shortlisting process.
- Supporting Statements: Applicants to provide a statement to demonstrate how they meet the criteria. The response will be “scored” as part of the shortlisting process.
- Interview: Assessed during the interview process by either competency based interview questions, tests, presentation, etc.
How to Apply
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Support to email@example.com and mention Network & Systems Administrator in the subject line.
- Closing date: 8th March 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.