Korea International Cooperation Agency Recruitment 2019 for Program Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Korea International Cooperation Agency Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Korea International Cooperation Agency Recruitment 2019
|Duty Station||KOICA Ghana, Accra Office|
|Start Date||May 2019|
|Reporting to||KOICA Ghana Office Management|
|Contract Type||1 year (renewable, performance-based and subject to project funding)|
The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), affiliated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea was established in 1991 as a governmental organization for Official Development Assistance (ODA) to implement the Korean government’s grant aid and technical cooperation programs. KOICA presents in countries and territories around the world to enhance the effectiveness of South Korea’s grant aid programs for developing countries. In Ghana, KOICA Ghana Office was opened in year 2010 and supported four core sectors, namely agriculture and rural development, health, energy and education.
KOICA Ghana Office is seeking for a Ghanaian Program Officer with main responsibility to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of KOICA project (in collaboration with Ghanaian Governments, Multilateral Organizations, and Civil Society Organizations with focus on education/TVET, gender equality, and health. The Program Officer will be in charge to liaise, monitor, and ensure effective use of reporting mechanism between KOICA, the Government of Ghana, the Multilateral Organization and other stakeholders.
- Management of KOICA’s project in Education/TVET (and other sectors when needed) in collaboration with Ghanaian Governments, Multilateral Organizations, and Civil Society Organizations.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support pertaining to the smooth coordination of the Project in accordance with specified procedures and obligations;
- Ensure complete and timely submission of plans, reports, and other deliverables to KOICA for review and evaluation, as appropriate;
- Analyze plans, reports and other deliverables and evaluate against the expected results and plans of action;
- Document project updates and information to ensure quality and completeness of records (filing and uploading);
- Partner Liaison Management
- Build and maintain partnership through effective communication and liaison with related Government Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs), Multilateral Organization and other implementing partners;
- Attend, participate and report meetings/forums related to the education & gender sector organized by the Development Partners or related MDAs;
- Survey, Research and Administrative Task
- Conduct surveys on Ghana’s development environment/public policies with focus but not limited to the area of education, gender equality and health.
- Other administrative tasks
- Other duties and responsibilities the officer may be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the key duties in mutual discussion and agreement with the supervisor.
Expected Background and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in development studies, education, project management, gender and women studies, or any other field related to social science;
- A minimum two (2) years of professional experience in development cooperation area, NGO or government body; preferably with focus in education/TVET, gender equality and/or health;
- Ample understanding of Ghana education system and additional knowledge on vocational training system in Ghana will be an asset;
- Fair knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools and Ghana’s development environment;
- Basic knowledge on statistics;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to interact effectively with partners and to work in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Self-initiative, proactive, diligent and versatile individual;
- Excellent administrative support and organizational skills;
- Resourceful in gathering and coordinating relevant information.
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV and Motivation Letter (ML) in pdf format with your name as the file title <example: “Kwaku Mensah_CV.pdf” and “Kwaku Mensah_ML.pdf”>
to email@example.com before 14 March, 2019
Ensure that you mention www.jobwebghana.com as the source of this job advert.