Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Recruitment 2019 for Assistant Banquet Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Recruitment 2019
To produce an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by assisting in managing a service team in cooperation with the culinary team. The Assistant Banquet Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximizes profit. The Assistant Banquet Manager must grow into the position of Banquet Manager.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
- Responsible to Banquet Manager and Responsible for Banquet Supervisor, Waiter / Waitress.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Assist in leading the outlet efficiently in costs and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Act as a Manager in duty in the absence of the Banquet Manager in the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the outlet and assume training responsibilities as requested by Banquet Manager.
- Have an understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Conduct all outlet meetings in the absence of the Banquet Manager.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Assist in communication within the outlet and to attend daily/weekly outlet meetings with the Culinary Team and fostering teamwork to constantly develop the outlet for more success.
- Attend and contribute to necessary staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Assist in producing reports and analysis of the outlet and attend in the monthly performance meeting.
- Assist in leading the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Plan daily routine checklist and station division according to the work schedule.
- Assist the Outlet Manager to produce outlet-specific reports and analysis for the monthly performance meeting.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Banquet Manager.
- Coordinate the review of outlet’s operations manual updates annually as requested by the Banquet Manager.
- Support activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Act as Food & Beverage Duty Manager during the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
- Attend all daily/weekly Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of the Banquet Manager.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from hotel school or MBA.
- Minimum 1 year in F&B management role.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word. Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure