JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019 for International Researchers – Japan
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019
The JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is designed to provide promising, highly qualified, young researchers with the opportunity to conduct advanced research relevant to the main thematic focus areas of the UNU Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS, Tokyo) in cooperation with host researchers at Japanese universities and research institutions.
- Eligible Countries: International
- Type: Research, Fellowship
- Duration of Program: Fellowships are awarded for a period of 24 months.
- To Be Taken At (Country): Tokyo, Japan
- Number of Awards: Not specified
Fields of Research: The following research projects at UNU-IAS are accepting applications for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services Assessment
- Governance for Sustainable Development
- International Satoyama Initiative
- Water for Sustainable Development
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (received on or after 2 April 2013) when the fellowship begins, or be scheduled to receive a doctoral degree before the fellowship begins.
- Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible.
- Those who have been previously awarded a Standard or Pathway Fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan scheme are not eligible.
- Applicants with at least 10 months research and/or professional experience are especially encouraged to apply.
Value of Award:
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000 (based on JSPS regulations)
- Overseas travel, accident, and sickness insurance coverage, etc.
Application Form – How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to submit a completed application form and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. If an applicant does not have access to the Internet, he or she should contact UNU-IAS. The form and the required documents indicated in the form must be in English. If supporting documents are not in English, English translations must be attached.
15th March 2019
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019 for International Researchers – Japan for PhD Scholars in African Countries for more information.