International Water Management Institute Recruitment 2019 for Research Officer – Social Sciences
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the International Water Management Institute Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Water Management Institute Recruitment 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct field data collection, database development, monitoring and evaluation, and capacity building activities with a specific focus on Work Stream 2 on Gender under the REACH-STR project.
- Assist in the coordination of the REACH-STR project with national research partners in Ghana and other REACH component leads under Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
- Implement field activities (at research sites and in collaboration with other REACH field activities).
- Assist the Project Leader in collating key information on project activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated technical, financial and relevant reports.
- Assist in the preparation of communication materials and organization of project events, including events organized by project partners.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Leader.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A master’s degree in Social Sciences or a related field.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a research and development environment, preferably in Ghana.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and at least one local language.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including database management and PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience in writing technical reports.
- Experience in the collection and compilation of monitoring and evaluation data.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and reliably carry out delegated functions without extensive supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multicultural environment.
- Proven commitment to gender equality and wider knowledge of youth and inclusion issues in Ghana.
This is a nationally recruited staff positions and only Ghanaian citizens are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes transport and health insurance. The duration of the contract will be for a three-year period with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.