International Labour Organization Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. International Labour Organization Vacancies 2020 Application Form, International Labour Organization Jobs 2020, International Labour Organization Career Portal, Requirements for International Labour Organization Job Recruitment 2020.
International Labour Organization Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 International Labour Organization Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
International Labour Organization Recruitment Details:
|Company||International Labour Organization|
|Deadline||7 Sept 2020|
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at International Labour Organization. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Chief, Technical Advisor
The ILO is issuing a call for expression of interest for the above position. This is an assignment of a purely temporary nature, not expected to lead to a career in the ILO. Duration is 12 months non renewable.
The selection process is not subject to the rules and procedures defined in Annex I of the ILO Staff Regulations
The Following Are Eligible To Apply
- Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations. The Office will facilitate the temporary re-assignment of a selected internal candidate to this position.
- External candidates. A selected external candidate will be issued with a 4.2 (e) contract.
Staff members with at least five years of continuous service with the Office are encouraged to apply and will be given special consideration at the screening and evaluation stage.
The ILO values diversity among its staff. We welcome applications from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications from qualified candidates from non- or under-represented member States, or from those member States which staffing forecasts indicate will become non- or under-represented in the near future, would be particularly welcome. A list of these countries can be found here: http://ilo.plateau.com/icontent/CUSTOM/ilo/HRD_PMDOCS/Non_Under_States_EN.pdf
The International Labour Organisation (ILO) seeks to recruit a Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) at the P4 level to manage an upcoming project on “Engaging Cocoa Cooperatives to Combat Child Labour”. The project, if awarded to the ILO at the end of the bidding process, will be implemented in Ghana. The project will be funded by the Bureau of International Labour Affairs (ILAB) of the United States Department of Labour (USDOL). It will have a total budget of USD 4 million and be implemented over a period of 54 months.
Project outcomes include: (1) I Improved accountability of cocoa cooperatives to monitor child labour in the cocoa supply chain (Strengthened capacity of enforcement agencies to enforce child labour laws within cooperatives; Strengthened capacity of cocoa cooperatives to monitor child labour); and (2) Increased support to vulnerable cocoa households within cocoa cooperatives (Strengthened capacity of cocoa cooperatives to provide sustainable assistance and support to prevent child labour; Increased access to social protection and child labour remediation programs).
The project falls under the technical responsibility of the Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work (FUNDAMENTALS) Branch of the Governance and Tripartism Department (GOVERNANCE). The FUNDAMENTALS Branch carries out technical cooperation, research and advocacy functions to assist ILO constituents to respect, promote and realize the fundamental principles and rights at work, which are: freedom of association and effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining; elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labour; effective abolition of child labour; and elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
The CTA will report to and work under the direct supervision of the Director of the ILO CO-Abuja and the technical guidance of FUNDAMENTALS. He/she will closely coordinate with ILO Specialists of the Dakar-based Decent Work Team. He/she will supervise a number of staff, including National Project Coordinators, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, General Service staff and short-term national and international consultants.
Description Of Duties
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the implementation of the project in close collaboration with the Ministries Labour and other major stakeholders. Guide and supervise the work of project staff and ensure effective coordination and collaboration between the various project components and with ILO regional and headquarters offices.
- Oversee the design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project activities, and ensure effective co-ordination of different elements and interventions in order to ensure the timely and effective implementation of the overall project. Ensure the development of a monitoring and evaluation system.
- Building on the ILO’s previous work in Ghana (and additional countries to be selected later), maintain the ILO’s position as a lead agency in advocacy and technical support. Coordinate and mobilize support from other stakeholders in order to strengthen the countries’ capacities.
- Effectively establish and maintain systems for managing project operations. Establish and develop information systems covering technical activities under the project and economic and social issues of relevance to the project; prepare periodic and ad hoc reports on the status of project planning and implementation; and establish coordination with concerned ILO departments and programs.
- Identify training and capacity development needs; organize and conduct training workshops and meetings on all project intervention areas for the tripartite partners, NGOs, other agencies, private sector, target groups and staff as appropriate to reinforce the professional capabilities; adapt training guides, manuals and other knowledge-sharing materials to local environment.
- Build the capacity of the Ministry of Labour and other relevant government agencies, social partners and the private sector identified during the bid preparation process.
- Develop knowledge sharing tools designed to forge partnerships, share good practices and foster networks of government policymakers, workers’ and employers’ organizations and civil society organizations to reach the project’s goals.
Description Of Duties Contd.
- .Strengthen relationships to cooperate and coordinate with concerned government agencies, ministries, employers’ and workers’ organizations, private sector, non-governmental organizations, target groups and donors, in the planning and implementation of activities under the project and engage actively in social and civil society dialogue, coalition building and public-private partnership promotion.
- Liaise with the UN Country Team to promote ILO’s values within UN initiatives, increase the project’s visibility and facilitate the scaling-up of the project’s interventions. Ensure effective coordination with a range of relevant national policies and strategies of various projects, including those undertaken by other agencies or in complementary fields of activity.
- Effectively manage human resources including recruitment, staff development and performance management of project personnel. Effectively manage the funds/budgets allocated to the project.
- Oversee the development and approval process of sub-contracts, monitor the performance of sub-contractors and ensure timely implementation of sub-contracts. Ensure that all USDOL rules and regulations related to the Cooperative Agreement are strictly applied.
- Undertake any other relevant duties requested by the Director of CO-Abuja.
Advanced university degree in public policy, international development, social science, anthropology, education, economics, or related field preferred and with demonstrated expertise.
At least seven years of progressively responsible experience of which at least three years at the international level carrying out project management, supervision, administration, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of technical assistance projects. Minimum of seven years’ experience in the implementation of cooperative agreement and/or contract requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, establishing and maintaining systems for managing project operations, working with multiple sub recipient(s) and/or contractor(s), and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports to donor agencies), preferably in the country of implementation. Having working experience in Africa, particularly Ghana, would be an advantage. Familiarity with ILO policies and procedures would be an advantage, as well as having expertise and minimum of seven years’ experience working in the area of child labor in supply chains, including on implementation of traceability systems. Experience working on challenges in the cocoa industry preferred.
Excellent fluency in English and proficiency with public speaking is preferred.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with all project stakeholders, including public, private, and civil society partners and effectively build partnerships between them.
- Proven leadership role in convening medium to large stakeholder meetings that resulted in continued commitments to address goals over long periods of time.
- Proven capacity to initiate and implement development co-operation programmes and activities with ILO constituents and NGOs, including negotiation skills with governments, social partners and mobilizing the support of international donor agencies and provide quality services;
- Wide knowledge of area-based monitoring and referral systems, educational and vocational training and social protection of children;
- Sound knowledge of office policies, administrative procedures and practices;
- Excellent knowledge of financial rules and regulations;
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills;
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ILO Jobs . The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Evaluation (which may include one or several written tests and a pre-interview competency-based assessment centre) and the interviews will tentatively take place during the daysfollowing the application deadline. Candidates are requested to ensure their availability should they be short listed for further consideration.
Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including assessment centres, technical tests or interviews.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 7 Sept 2020
How to Apply for International Labour Organization Job Recruitment
To apply for the International Labour Organization Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest International Labour Organization Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum International Labour Organization Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for International Labour Organization Jobs 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for International Labour Organization Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent International Labour Organization Recruitment 2020 openings across Ghana.|
|International Labour Organization Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|International Labour Organization Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes International Labour Organization Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. International Labour Organization may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) Recruitment 2020/2021||August 23, 2021||Not Specified|
|Recruitment 2020/2021||August 22, 2021|
|Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021|
|Successors World Limited Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021|
|JD - Link Oil Company Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021||06 August, 2020|
|Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the International Labour Organization Job Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.