International Community Schools Recruitment 2019 for Estate Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the International Community Schools Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
International Community Schools Recruitment 2019
About the school:
International Community School Ghana is a world-class institution providing students with an inclusive holistic and international education needed to succeed in college/university and become a public leader.
We educate confident, responsible and engaged learners from pre-school through to high school. Our students take the Cambridge International Exams, IGCSE and the AS/A Level Exams.
We are looking for a well-trained, highly experienced, and dynamic estate manager who will lead the formulation and implementation of the School’s estates strategy by assisting in the evaluation of site and usage options and proposing creative and inspiring suggestions for improvements.
In addition, he/she should be able to maintain refurbishments and other building advancements in term of bidding, developing and procuring and to act as the School representative with suppliers to the Estate, profession advisers (buildings) and contractors.
Reporting to: Business Manager
Role and Responsibilities:
Maintenance of Grounds and Buildings
- Ensure that the fabric of the estate department is maintained to a high standard and meets the school’s current and future needs
- Ensure daily and short term maintenance of all areas of the School. This will involve both reactive maintenance and prioritising a short, medium and long term maintenance programme.
- Prepare annual, costed plans for repairs and upgrades of estates
- Manage all works within budget
Provision of Utilities and Estate Services
- To ensure that air-conditions, ventilation and mechanical equipment are maintained, insured and replaced as and when necessary
- To ensure adequate training, supervision and staff development for all employees within the Estates team
- To ensure that all Estates staff and contractors comply with the safeguarding rules and procedures set by the school
- To take responsibility for risk management in the Estates department including disaster and continuity planning and managing the development and maintenance of a risk register
Health& Safety, Fire Safety and Security of the Estate
- The Estates Manager has overall responsibility for Fire Safety and the Security of the Estate. He/she must work alongside the senior management in the school to ensure all buildings comply with statutory regulations.
- To ensure all fire systems and prevention equipment are properly and appropriately installed and maintained and that all fire alarms and monitoring systems are regularly tested.
- To ensure Fire Risk Assessments and all relevant policy and procedures are fully compliant and carried out on a regular basis and that there is a positive relationship with the local Fire Service
- To provide the relevant staff with adequate training for providing the fire safety and security arrangements of the school
- To take responsibility for ensuring that risk assessments are done for all school buildings, grounds and
activities. In particular ensuring that the Estates team produces risk assessments and method statements for communal and/or external grounds and buildings of the school and estate team/contractors work.
- To ensure that all electrical installations comply with the regulations and that periodic testing is completed to schedule and within regulated timeframes.
- To ensure that accident/incident and near miss forms are completed and properly recorded and that appropriate action is taken as and when required
Person Specification: The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
How to Apply
If you are internationally minded and have the desire to share the exciting future of our school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your current Head and contact of two references, who will be contacted if shortlisted. Applications will be acknowledged within three working
days of submission. If short-listed, you would be interviewed. All appointments are subject to interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
Submit queries, if any and your completed application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NB : Kindly use the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
Closing Date : 21st April, 2019
Share this post with your Friends: