Innovations for Poverty Action Recruitment 2019 for Field Managers (Multiple Projects)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Innovations for Poverty Action Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Innovations for Poverty Action Recruitment 2019
- Reports to: Research Associate or Research Coordinator
- Location: Accra or Tamale, Ghana
- Length of Commitment: 1 or 2 years (renewable)
- Desired start date: Various start dates throughout the year
- Deadline to apply: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year
- Job Code: FM-MULT-27012019
IPA seeks qualified applicants for Field Manager positions for various research projects to be based in Accra and Tamale, with frequent travel to remote field locations within Ghana. A Field Manager at IPA is generally in charge of overseeing data collection activities for one specific long-term research project, which can be related to various sectors, including education, financial inclusion, public health and agriculture.
IPA is recruiting Field Managers throughout the year through a common application process. The shortlisted applicants from that common application process are then considered for any Field Manager position that opens in the following 6 months for several projects which are likely to be in health, education, financial inclusion/SME, agriculture or other sector. If you have applied to a Field Manager position less than 6 months ago, you do not need to reapply.
The Field Manager will work closely with the Research Associate or the Research Coordinator and will oversee the adequate execution of all field based data collection activities. The Field Manager will perform the following responsibilities:
- Recruitment, training, and supervision of Field teams during field surveys;
- Development of training manuals for all data collection activities;
- Managing finances and tracking field expenditures;
- Assisting with data reconciliation and management;
- Piloting and developing instruments with the Research Associate or Research Coordinator;
- Manage and track survey and intervention equipment used in the field;
- Accurately evaluate the performance of field staff during recruitment, training and data collection;
- Adhere to all IPA survey protocols and ensure field teams also do same;
- Report all concerns and issues immediately to the Research Associate or Research Coordinator;
- Promptly respond to contact from the IPA Research Associate or Research Coordinator or other IPA staff;
- Be responsible for maintaining good relations with IPA, its employees, partner organizations and project participants;
- Perform other work-related duties that may be assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum educational qualification of HND in economics, statistics or related field. Bachelor degree is preferred;
- Project management experience, as well as experience supervising, designing and implementing data collection and managing large teams of enumerators/surveyors is preferred;
- Fluency in English and at least one of the dominant languages in the survey sites;
- Experience in field data collection is a plus;
- Excellent management, communication and organizational skills;
- Experience working in an international NGO is a plus.
How to Apply
- To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4809536/IPAG-Research-Staff-FM-Application-Form-2019
- Please take note of the following instructions:
- This position is only open to Ghanaian nationals
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until suitable candidates are found
- Your CV is required to complete the application form.
- Incomplete applications or applications not completed through the web-form will not be considered.
- Due to high volume of applications received, IPA will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have applied for similar positions with IPA within the last 6 months are not eligible to apply.