ICFJ Safety Reporting Fellowship for Journalists from Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Bangkok, Thailand) 2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for ICFJ Safety Reporting Fellowship for Journalists from Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Bangkok, Thailand) 2018… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
ICFJ Safety Reporting Fellowship 2018
Are you a journalist? Are you interested in Road Safety, Drowning, Burns, Occupational Health, Suicide or how to End Violence? Apply to the reporting fellowship for Safety 2018. Fellows will attend the conference in Bangkok & meet world experts.
- Offered Annually? Every 2 years
- Award Providers: This programme is funded by The World Health Organization.
- Type: Workshop, Fellowship
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Eligible Countries: All. Priority will be given to journalists from Developing Countries
- To Be Taken At (Country): Bangkok, Thailand
Value of Award: The 2018 Safety Reporting Fellowship program will cover all fellowship-related costs, including travel to the conference, accommodations and registration.
Programme Description: Safety 2018 is a milestone event in the field of injury prevention and safety promotion. Every two years, this world conference brings together over 1,000 of the world’s leading researchers, practitioners, policy makers and activists to discuss experiences and solutions that aim to reduce the burden of unintentional injuries. The 13th World Conference, under the theme “Advancing injury and violence prevention towards SDGs,” will be hosted by WHO and the Thai Government in Bangkok, from Nov. 5-7, 2018.
ICFJ invites journalists from all over the world to apply for the Safety 2018 Reporting Fellowship. The fellowship will include a workshop prior to the conference on Nov. 3-4, 2018, and attendance at the conference sessions from Nov. 5-7.
During the workshop, ICFJ trainers and WHO experts will provide an overview of different safety issues, including road safety, water safety and drowning prevention, violence-related injury, and other safety and injury prevention topics. Trainers also will work on strengthening the fellows’ reporting skills, with a particular focus on tracking down data from different sources, creating data-driven reports, and developing visualizations and graphics to engage audiences.
- Journalists who apply for the fellowship must be fluent in English.
- Priority will be given to journalists from low- or middle-income countries.
Selection: Selection will be based on the journalists’ professional qualifications, relevant experience such as demonstrated interest in the topic of injury prevention or road safety, English-language proficiency, and endorsement by a newsroom manager.
Application Form – How to Apply: Applicants will be asked to provide the following:
- An essay (no more than 500 words) detailing your motivation and goals for seeking the fellowship, including three specific changes you hope to make to your work as a result of the workshop;
- At least one fleshed-out story idea (300 – 500 words) for an in-depth safety and injury-prevention reporting project that incorporates data. Applicants may focus on their own countries, and include ways to use digital tools and social media to engage audiences in a dialogue about these vital safety issues;
- A commitment to produce at least three safety stories during and after the conference;
- A letter of support from an editor or newsroom manager endorsing the journalist’s participation in the program to demonstrate understanding of the fellowship’s value and support for publishing, posting and/or broadcasting the journalist’s coverage of the conference and story project;
- A brief biography (up to 300 words);
- A resume or curriculum vitae;
- Two samples of work focusing on safety or injury prevention published/posted/broadcast recently (after 2015).
Click here to apply. ICFJ will inform the finalists by Sept. 7, 2018
Application Deadline: 17th August 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of ICFJ Safety Reporting Fellowship for Journalists from Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Bangkok, Thailand) 2018 for more information.
Share this post with your Friends: