Human Rights Advocacy Centre Recruitment 2019 for Project Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Human Rights Advocacy Centre Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Human Rights Advocacy Centre Recruitment 2019
Department: Advocacy and Research
Reporting to: Executive Director
Contract terms: Full-time
Office location: Osu Ako-Adjei, Accra
General Definition of Job Role
The Project Officer (PO) is responsible for all research and advocacy activities and seeing to the development and successful implementation, monitoring, coordinating and closure of a project. In consultation with the Executive Director (ED), the PO will develop proposals on HRAC’s thematic areas and support fund raising activities. The PO will work closely with the Project Management Team to disseminate HRAC’s project and research findings. The PO will be supported by the Research and Advocacy Team and will report to the Executive Director.
Applicant must demonstrate interest in and respect for human rights, especially the fundamental principles of equality and non-discrimination
- A minimum qualification of a first degree from a recognized university preferably in project management, development studies, community development and international relations or other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience. In the absence of the required experience, a demonstrated interest in human rights work will suffice.
- A good knowledge in project design, management and monitoring and evaluation, and non-profit, non-governmental Organization operations will be an added advantage.
- Implement project activities as per agreed work plan
- Generate all project reports, incorporating data and other relevant information
- Develop Scopes of Work and Terms of references and facilitating contractual processes for all Project consultancy activities in consultation with other project team/staff for Executive Director’s approval
- Monitor Project Implementation against project and organizational annual work plans
- Monitor activities implemented with collaborating agencies
- Keep the Executive Director advised of project progress and raise issues that may impact on the successful outcome of a project
- Ensure reporting timelines are complied with for all internal and donor projects
- Maintain documentation of project implementation process, progress and results and provide information and reports to stakeholders and donors as may be required
- Facilitate and support all M&E processes of projects under PO’s responsibility
- Support the Executive Director to widely and effectively disseminate information and knowledge generated through projects to stakeholders.
- Support the Executive Director to design, develop and implement project strategies and plans, ensuring they are in line with the project objectives, strategies and principles, and HRAC’s mission and vision.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to efficiently engage directly and indirectly with all levels of staff and external stakeholders
- Self-reliant, strong problem solving skills, results/quality oriented with eye for details
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to effortlessly plan and prioritize workload
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, proactive and a team player
- A highly motivated professional with the highest level of integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Experience in facilitating linkages, relationship building and networking with stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
How to Apply
Qualified and interested persons should send their Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Address cover letter as follows:
The Chair Person
Board of Directors
Human Rights Advocacy Centre P. O. Box OS 134, Osu Ako-Adjei, Accra
State position as subject of the email.
Closing Date : 24th May, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Share this post with your Friends: