Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme for South Africa 2019/2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme for South Africa 2019/2020… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme 2019/2020
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a Fulbright program that provides mid-career professionals from designated countries around the world an opportunity to enhance their professional capacities through participation in specialized 10 month non-degree programs.
- Duration of Programme: 10 months
- Eligible Countries: South Africa
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- To Be Taken At (Country): USA
- Type: Fellowship
Programme Description: During their stay at a host American university, Humphrey Fellows are invited to take graduate courses relevant to their professional interests. However, as the Humphrey Fellowship is not a degree program, participants spend a considerable portion of their time engaged in professional development activities including: consultations and affiliations with U.S. faculty and experts, field trips, workshops, research projects, and the development of practical useful strategies that could be applied in the Fellows’ home countries.
Field of Study: The Humphrey Fellowship offers opportunities in the following fields:
- Sustainable Development
- Economic Development
- Public Health
- Have a minimum of a four-year undergraduate degree from S.A. (BA + Honors)
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience beyond the attainment of a first university/undergraduate degree prior to August 2018
- University lecturers have to have management or policy responsibilities and experience. Exceptions apply to teachers of English as a foreign language and specialists in substance abuse preventions and treatment
- Demonstrated Leadership Ability: candidates should have achieved positions of significant responsibility at the national, regional or local level and show clear promise to assume greater future leadership roles
- A record of public service in the community: candidates careers must reflect a present and future commitment to public service, broadly defined in the public, NGO, or private sector
The following individuals are not eligible for the HHH Fellowship:
- Individuals who have attended graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to August 2019 are ineligible to apply
- Individuals who have had more than six months of U.S. experience during the five years prior to August 2019 are ineligible to apply
- Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status are ineligible to apply.
Value of Award: The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A living allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance; one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Application Form – How to Apply:
Application Deadline: 21st August 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme for South Africa 2019/2020 for more information.
Share this post with your Friends: